NCL Peace of Mind policy

Lou33

Royal Caribbean has a generous Cruise With Confidence program where you can cancel up to 48 hours before sailing and receive 100% FCC.  In addition, many report that if there are changes in the COVID protocols by Royal or by government agencies since the time that you booked, which covers just about everybody, that they can give you a 100% cash refund if you do not agree with the protocols.  And I have seen reports of people getting refunds just a week or two before their sail date.  

Please correct me if this is not up to date, but what I found from NCL is not nearly as generous:

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/book-with-confidence

Basically, you can cancel for a refund up to 61 days before sailing.  But that is the final payment date.   And you can cancel 15 days before sailing for FCC.  But as we have seen with Omicron, things can change quickly.  And passengers who are within 15 days may not feel comfortable.

Has anybody been successful asking for a refund from NCL if they did not agree with the COVID protocols?  What about getting FCC within 15 days of sailing?

22 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

That NCL policy is only good now for cruises through 3/31/2022.  Cruises after that date are subject to the current policy.

Just checking for clarification - I thought that the "Piece of Mind" Policy  (cancel for any reason with 48 hours with no penalty - full refund/FCC) EXPIRED on 10/21/2021

(We took advantage of that policy a couple of times in 2020-2021) 

We are due to sail on the Breakaway on 1/16/2022 - so you are saying we could cancel now - and ask for full refund/FCC ??? 

i may be wrong, but if memory serves, when you booked has more to do with your "coverage" under POM.

in other words, the policy may have been pulled in late october for new reservations, but i think that if you booked under the original POM guarantee, then you're covered under that guarantee with those provisions regardless of when your cruise takes place. (again, i'm working from memory on this and i could very well be wrong.) 

i'm actively researching this now, as i'm booked on the breakaway out of NOLA this sunday and deciding what to do. i'm leaning toward canceling the cruise, even if all i'll get is 75% FCC.

15 hours ago, UKstages said:

i was wrong.

here's a link to the original POM policy.

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/book-with-confidence#freedom-flexibility

Thank you !

Are you going to cancel ?  Would you actually get 75% FCC ?? 

Edited by GreenValleyDogWalker
oops

5 hours ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

Are you going to cancel ?  Would you actually get 75% FCC ?? 

it's a cumbersome process... but, yes, sort of.

apparently, if you have insurance through NCL... you cancel the cruise. you make a claim with the insurance company, which they will likely reject as being for a non-covered reason... then they kick it back to NCL who will issue 75% future cruise credit. it's a benefit supplied by NCL and not the insurance company.

i do not yet know if i am going to cancel this sunday out of NOLA on the breakaway. NCL hasn't provided any information about what's going on onboard currently... so how can anybody decide?