Forward PH suites on Dawn class (including Star?): Forward views?

GeezerCouple

There are a few forward facing PH suites on Decks 9 and 10 on the Dawn (and Star, and... any others?) that are between the two larger corner suites on each of those two decks.

These have recently been given slightly different names, but that's not my question.

I think that on one of the decks (9?) the front of those PH suites has a heavy door (in case of high seas) plus a small area of floor-to-ceiling windows.

On the other deck (10?) there is basically a wall of windows, with a sliding glass door (like a patio door at home).

And on one of the decks, the middle two have a slight bump out, under the bridge (?).

The diagrams on the Deck Plans do not show these differences, and I'd like to figure out more accurately before we reserve one.

We are tempted to get the corner suites, but the difference in price is enough that... maybe not...

However, we *are* very likely to have some dinners served in our suite, and also most breakfasts.  We don't want to end up with a small dining table in front of a wall.

We've done en suite dining in "single room" suites and also in "separate LR and BR" type suites, and either works well for us.  Our main issue now is ... the view... I think some of those PH suites do not have that forward full "wall of windows".

Is anyone able to speak from first-hand experience about which have the better/full views?

Many thanks.

GC

The STAR is a sister ship to the DAWN class ship.

These two do not have a Haven but do have an extremely large Garden Villa (2 staterooms-

3 bedrooms)

You need to go back and review the cruisedeckplans clicking on the YouTube videos to see

the differences i.e. Deck 10 has same balcony type door with wheel closing.

Deck 9 has a bigger deck but the viewing angle has the radar and mast head obscuring the

forward viewing but not by much. The cabin interiors are the same.

YES the NCL cabin floorplan diagrams leave much to be desired - fortunately the YouTube

videos where they are found do a much better job of showing the cabin.

Cruisedeckplans has a pay membership program (life-time) that has the drag deck feature

and some videos of cabins on most all the cruise ships in service not just NCL. It is indeed

worth the investment if you plan on taking many cruises to answer your questions.

Decks 9 and 10 have balconies - deck 11 is the bridge - deck 12 "NO" balconies these have

that wall of windows you mentioned.

The corner balcony suites (decks 9&10) are the Owner Suites with other amenities and

2 decks - a side facing one and a forward facing and a great deal more floor space with

a better in cabin dining arrangement (not bunched up against a wall). 

A way to get more information about a cabin is while on board to make contact with the

guests in the suite you are researching - - -

OR to put bluntly "I'll show you mine if you will show me yours" !

This internet thingy is only scratching the surface in stateroom details and selection !

The 2 rooms on deck 10, #10500 and #10000 have the bump out under the bridge and as a result have a wall of windows next to the door. This makes the room feel much larger than the rooms either side.

Would totally recommend these over those on deck 9. 
All of these forward facing rooms have the heavy door to contend with, incase of heavy seas.
Have stayed in #10500 many times - with the large balcony and wall of windows it’s an amazing room 😀

Edited by SharkieQueen
Forgot to add something!

6 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

The STAR is a sister ship to the DAWN class ship.

Decks 9 and 10 have balconies - deck 11 is the bridge - deck 12 "NO" balconies these have

that wall of windows you mentioned.

Deck 12 is where there is a significant difference between the DAWN and the STAR.  On the DAWN deck 12 is all suites with only the glass wall of windows.  On the STAR there are four penthouse suites on Deck 12 that do have wall of windows AND balcony with sliding door.  We are booked in 12010 and 12012 on our two upcoming Star cruises in 2022.  We love the brightness and openness of the floor plan on these four cabins on the Star rather than the penthouses on deck 9 and 10 which are much darker in my opinion..  We've sailed in the wall of windows Owners Suite on DAWN, as well as the wall of windows Family suites on STAR and DAWN.

Edited by sparkygirlfamily

• 4 months later...

I did a lot of research on the 4 DOS on decks 9 & 10 - especially due to many Covid-cancellations   I am really looking forward to our B2B cruises in the Van Gouh Suite later this year. There are plenty of YouTube videos to go give you a stony idea of the value. 

• 11 months later...