NCL gifts

drewdrewcruiser

3 hours ago, drewdrewcruiser said:

Does anyone know what happens to bon voyage gifts you purchase for a sailing (from NCL website) if the recipient is unable to board due to covid? Does it automatically get refunded back to purchaser or is that $ lost?

My guess is that there have been zero instances. 

10’s of thousands of passengers cruise each week. Cases of cruise COVID per week can be counted on one hand. Fewer yet are denied boarding cases. 

4 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

My guess is money lost. I bought a happy birthday package for someone who was supposed to be on the Gem that left on 12/14. He didn't board, and as of yet I have not gotten a refund. Maybe it was delivered to whoever ended up in his cabin? Hope they enjoyed the cake!

Oh no...did you call to find out about a refund? I plan to get OBC for someone so if the recipient doesn't board then it surely can be tracked that it went unused?

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

My guess is that there have been zero instances. 

10’s of thousands of passengers cruise each week. Cases of cruise COVID per week can be counted on one hand. Fewer yet are denied boarding cases. 

How many fingers do you have on one hand?

On 12/19/2021 at 6:07 PM, drewdrewcruiser said:

Oh no...did you call to find out about a refund? I plan to get OBC for someone so if the recipient doesn't board then it surely can be tracked that it went unused?

I don't have his reservation number any longer since I added on the gift months ago. Don't want to ask him for it as it will rub salt in an already open wound. It was <$100, so hopefully it did go to someone and I've got bonus karma in my bank account waiting for a rainy day.

On 12/19/2021 at 1:11 PM, LGW59 said:

How many fingers do you have on one hand?

My point is that people are obsessed in running “what if” scenarios and expect empirical data. If it actually happened, there is an insufficient sample size to draw any conclusions. 

If someone is so concerned that their friends exhibit such poor behaviors that are highly likely to result in them being denied boarding,,, don’t buy them a gift. And,,, in the middle of a pandemic,,, maybe people who consistently exhibit poor COVID behaviors are not the people you want to be around if you want to stay safe from COVID. 

Edited by BirdTravels