Retreat Sun Deck Planned for Reflection?

canderson

Current discussion about adding this feature to the un-Revolutionized Constellation during the 2022 season got me wondering if there was a similar plan to accomplish the same thing for Reflection.  Wondering because we have a late 2022 Reflection cruise with a lot of at-sea days where it might prove valuable to us.  Any scuttlebutt out there?

We also have a trip planned in the spring.  We LOVE the Princess deck that is half covered, the other half not covered.  Wonderful, soft cushions, excellent service, fabulous views.  A lot of people were in the covered area.  Very few in the full sun since it was on the top of the ship.  I'd love to se it on the Reflection.

I will be surprised if they begin the revolutionizing of ships in 2022.  Things are getting a little unsettled again from a booking standpoint and there are still a fair segment of the customer base who have no interest in cruising on a E class ship.

So replacing worn furnishing on those ship without the expense of adding a Retreat Sundeck ( a poor substitute for the Eclass Sundeck IMO)  may be a more financially prudent step.

32 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I will be surprised if they begin the revolutionizing of ships in 2022.

So replacing worn furnishing on those ship without the expense of adding a Retreat Sundeck ( a poor substitute for the Eclass Sundeck IMO)  may be a more financially prudent step.

I was surprised to hear that Constellation would be having a Retreat Sun Deck added during the 2022 season, but that change alone would be a long way from a 'revolutionized' version of Constellation (which is fine by us!).  Just a conversion (and not a difficult one) of existing space. 

Constellation did get the big soft goods makeover before the November 21 restart... but  I believe the goods for Constellation were already bought and warehoused right before the COVID shutdown and just waiting for installation.  Constellation was due for the Revolution about 45 days after everything stopped moving.  Rather than paying for warehouse space, probably made sense (and happy cruisers) just going ahead and getting it installed once they could put together a big enough workforce to do it.  They certainly had the luxury of time to do it!

Would be nice to think they would find time to replace the soft goods on Reflection as well, but I don't see that happening.  Reflection wasn't due for a long time after Constellation (last in the fleet to get this treatment, as I recall), and it seems unlikely that the material necessary hadn't yet been purchased and received, and now would add an extra major expense.

Anyway, back on topic:

That said, conversion of space to a Retreat Sun Deck on Reflection might not be a huge undertaking, either.  It would be primarily a repurposing more than an overhaul of the Solstice Deck.  However, I note that Reflection currently has no services on the Solstice Deck, nor anything but stair access?  That might complicate things a bit, but Constellation has the same issues to work through.

8 hours ago, canderson said:

Current discussion about adding this feature to the un-Revolutionized Constellation during the 2022 season got me wondering if there was a similar plan to accomplish the same thing for Reflection.  Wondering because we have a late 2022 Reflection cruise with a lot of at-sea days where it might prove valuable to us.  Any scuttlebutt out there?

Celebrity cancelled and rearranged some cruises for the last 2 weeks in October 2022 for a dry dock in Spain before she does the westbound Transatlantic on October 31, 2022.  Two weeks doesn't seem like a long time to do a lot of work.  Probably a blue hull and soft goods on the outside.

9 hours ago, canderson said:

Wait, doesn’t the Reflection already have the Retreat Deck, aka The Solstice Deck?  Are you referring to enhancements or improvements to the deck?  Please advice, thanks.

1 hour ago, Pickels said:

Wait, doesn’t the Reflection already have the Retreat Deck, aka The Solstice Deck?  Are you referring to enhancements or improvements to the deck?  Please advice

No, not a special purpose area on Reflection yet.  I would expect some enhancement ... access by other than stairs, for example, same as was needed for the other two S class.

Reflection and Solstice are lagging behind the two Revolutionized S class ships.  So are Connie and Infinity for M class, but evidently Connie's upper deck will be treated to a Retreat Deck as Summit and Millenium have been already as part of their full Revolutionization.

Edited by canderson