Faster disembarking with NCL shuttle?

craig01020

I'm booked on the Bliss, returning at 7:00 am on Sunday, Jan. 16 and I've got a 1:00 pm domestic flight out of LAX.

If I book a transfer to the airport with NCL, does that get me any kind of priority disembarkation?

When I was on the Gem in October, it seemed like forever to get off the ship when I walked off with my luggage.

Thanks.

The fastest way is not check your bags and you'll be there first to walk off (with your luggage).  We were able to go at 8 am.  If you check your bags you will need to wait for your color to be called.  We caught a cab for $60 for 6 of us to LAX.  That was on the 5/12 sailing.

2 hours ago, craig01020 said:

I'm booked on the Bliss, returning at 7:00 am on Sunday, Jan. 16 and I've got a 1:00 pm domestic flight out of LAX.

If I book a transfer to the airport with NCL, does that get me any kind of priority disembarkation?

First things first:  I had an 11:00 flight out of LAX and made it to the gate with better than an hour to spare.  I have Clear and TSA PreCheck, so that helped, but I'm confident I would have made the flight regardless so it will be even easier for you.

The people who buy the transfer package with earlyish flights are in the third disembarkation group.  First are people carrying their own luggage off, second is Platinum.  You retrieve your checked bags from the colored pile corresponding with your group.  The Customs process was as simple as I've ever seen; just a facial scan and you're off.  I did not encounter a live agent.  Then there's a short walk to a bank of buses that will take you to the airport.

I think I started the disembark process around 8:20 and was at the bus close to 8:30.  It was more efficient than I thought it would be.  However, we were around 40% capacity so you may have a bit of a bottleneck depending on the capacity of your sailing.  I still wouldn't be too concerned, though.

Edited by phillygwm
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
7 hours ago, Love2vacation1963 said:

We booked a transfer with NCL to the SJU. We have a 5:15PM flight. Will we be the last ones off the ship or do they transfer everyone at the same time?

Nope. They do not have a 2000 seat bus. Transfer vehicles will leave as soon as they fill.

All ashore is around 9:30 am at which time you have to be off the ship. If you hang around too long, the transfers may end and you're on your own to the airport. 

And, if you have a question, just post it. Replying to a 2 year old thread just causes confusion. 

Edited by BirdTravels