Purchased home tests for COVID-19

iuki

On 1/4/2022 at 3:21 AM, bouhunter said:

Seriously?  If every business who had an employee test positive "closed down", practically NOTHING would be open.  Forever, since covid isn't going away.

Apparently you missed the part that I said the restaurant closes for sanitizing and REOPENS when the employees’ COVID-19 tests comes back negative.  That’s only a few days.  This has happened to many restaurants here.  They NEVER closed permanently.

On 1/4/2022 at 3:21 AM, bouhunter said:

Seriously?  If every business who had an employee test positive "closed down", practically NOTHING would be open.  Forever, since covid isn't going away.

On 1/4/2022 at 9:26 AM, fred30 said:

I probably heard of more people that used at-home test to verify they had Covid then getting an official test.

Some families only 1 out the the family gets official test and the rest just assume what they have is Covid because it fits in with the timing.

That is a large percentage of people that are not in the test results.

But are they as the CDC may be showing estimated results.  They have done that many times before.

I think numbers have always been underreported as many people I know would not get tested unless they had to go to the hospital or were otherwise required.

As at home tests are more and more available-as well as variants such as omicron that likely go untested at all, I suspect CDC will go from reporting "actual" numbers to using a calculation, similar to how they have reported on flu numbers over the years.

On 1/4/2022 at 1:52 AM, iuki said:

Here in Hawaii, if an employee tests positive for COVID-19, the restaurant closes down, all the employees are tested, and the restaurant is thoroughly sanitized, and doesn’t reopen until the employees are tested negative.

Hawaii is a bit over the top.

And your governor lied.  He stated once the islands were over 70% vaccinated, all protocols would be off.  But in Nov, at over 73% vaccinated, the only change was those vaccinated outside the US could arrive with a PCR test done by a State of Hawaii approved lab.

On 1/4/2022 at 10:26 AM, fred30 said:

I probably heard of more people that used at-home test to verify they had Covid then getting an official test.

Some families only 1 out the the family gets official test and the rest just assume what they have is Covid because it fits in with the timing.

That is a large percentage of people that are not in the test results.

But are they as the CDC may be showing estimated results.  They have done that many times before.

Unless they are proctored tests, there is no way for anyone to know the results.  

As for the restaurant worker mentioned, were the asked to take the test and report the results?  I agree that they should have reported a positive test, but if no one asked.......

8 hours ago, SRF said:

Hawaii is a bit over the top.

And your governor lied.  He stated once the islands were over 70% vaccinated, all protocols would be off.  But in Nov, at over 73% vaccinated, the only change was those vaccinated outside the US could arrive with a PCR test done by a State of Hawaii approved lab.

Actually, the Governor did lessen restrictions.  However, over the holidays, new COVID-19 cases broke all records. There were over 3,000 to 5,000 cases statewide per day.  Needless to say, restrictions have been tightened again.

On 1/7/2022 at 5:38 PM, iuki said:

Actually, the Governor did lessen restrictions.  However, over the holidays, new COVID-19 cases broke all records. There were over 3,000 to 5,000 cases statewide per day.  Needless to say, restrictions have been tightened again.

Maybe later.  But it was stated up through October that once the state hit 70%, all restrictions would be off.

But that did not happen.  The only change, which was nice, was about testing for vaccinated arriving passengers.

But, like any politician, if their lips are moving, they are probably lying.

• Haha 1