Final Payment Verification

peanut head

Help!  I know that I previously read on CC that final payment is due 60 days prior to the day of trip.  Is this still true?  Are there any caveats?  I cannot find any information regarding this on the Celebrity website.  I did book my trip through Costco and I have been on hold now with them for hours and want to make sure I have the information before being forced into paying sooner than I need to.  Thanks!

I just moved our March sailing to next year. Our final payment was due next week, 60 days!  I booked directly with Celebrity. Not sure if Other agents are following that timing. I didn’t want to stress over it.  Didn’t want FCC.  We were able to keep the deposit and our on board credit.  

• Thanks 1

60 day for cruises up until March 31, 2022 but 90 days on cruises after April 1.   This is for U.S. bookings and may be different in other countries.   I have an April 8th Cruise and have to bay by Jan 8.

13 hours ago, Airbalancer said:

We have a TA in April 30 , final payment is end of January , still hoping that Celebrity will change that until sometime in March 

I wonder what are the chance that TAs are a go to Europe this spring ? 

I think it really depends on which country.  My crystal ball says if it is England then yes, other countries the crystal ball is too cloudy.

FYI, some of the big travel agents do group bookings to get the fares down so cancellation rules may be different.  I have that for a June cruise, I am hoping that I was not penny wise and pound foolish.

We did end up canceling yesterday.  We were booked for the Edge TA in April.  Although I am 3x vaccinated, have a N-95 glued to my face 😆, and carry a double-length yardstick 😉 I am immunocompromised (lymphoma) and don't want to chance it while the waters are still muddy.  The thought of not being able to fully let our guard down and feel that we have to look over our shoulders throughout the course of the cruise would really put a damper on the $$ experience.  We will transfer all FCC to our October sailing and continue to cross all appendages that it will be safe to travel then for us.  Remember, FCC expires the end of May so be ready to use it by then.

To all going ahead with their plans--best of luck with calm seas, bright sunshine and lots of fun.