Live Review Apex 1/8/2022 - 1/15/2022 Virtual Cruise Plenty of Pictures.

BennyBrun

20 minutes ago, t18c97 said:

Thanks for all the updates. We're on the ship next week and hoping that all the gloom and doom that some posts have had are overhyped. 

Us too! Sunset bar at sail away for the best party at sea!

• Like 1

Day 1

They are funneling people coming onboard through the art gallery to get to the elevators to go to their room.  It just looks very dangerous with all those luggage and fragile items.  I know I certainly can’t afford to break anything.

B4498CE0-B4EB-4DDE-839C-DCB5BB88AAF5.jpeg

A4279DAD-9B14-43DC-BF53-D3CBF525C2C0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Day 1 

Oceanview Cafe … it is an impressive space.  Lots of light, plenty of room to move around and the staff could not wait to serve you.  Is it immediate when you walk up?  No, but I am on a cruise and I can wait 15 seconds until the server get to me.

BC232090-E0A0-4110-99C9-8B39B6624BD4.jpeg

5FF7013D-8921-419E-8E6E-54C34BBB7A74.jpeg

C09D8C1D-DB1A-4A88-BB99-F67095A8039B.jpeg

308C954F-69DD-4B2A-BD35-7772B3CC9ED0.jpeg

77BECE03-EFCC-4285-9DC1-6E038B70BCEE.jpeg

753E6AF7-DBC6-4430-9BB2-63153385F218.jpeg

97626E14-D4E3-455A-B1F2-67673C57D65A.jpeg

9A8FE159-8C5F-48FE-9CA0-C8EBF75F4B1D.jpeg

C1C982F4-C39B-4375-92BC-1AC8AADD9780.jpeg

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 1

Safety check in was the easiest I have ever done.    You show up and person scans your card and you are done.  They are not even demonstrating the life jacket.

Don't you have to watch the safety video and check into your muster station? I know they were calling a lot of names on our last cruise because they didn't pay attention to that part.

• Like 2

Great pictures and great post! Looking forward to following. We are on Apex on 1/29 —— maybe . 

Interested in capacity, show and activity schedules, passenger compliance with protocols, etc . 

mac_tlc

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chucknmarilyn said:

Don't you have to watch the safety video and check into your muster station? I know they were calling a lot of names on our last cruise because they didn't pay attention to that part.

Watched the video while I was in the terminal and then went to the muster station.  I am used to them showing you how to put on the life jacket, but he just scanned and we went.

1 minute ago, mac_tlc said:

Great pictures and great post! Looking forward to following. We are on Apex on 1/29 —— maybe . 

Interested in capacity, show and activity schedules, passenger compliance with protocols, etc . 

mac_tlc

I have not seen any sign about wearing masks but every passenger I saw wore mask where they are supposed to.  I haven’t seen any crew members checking masks or handing masks out at busy public areas like they do on the Mardi Gras.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for posting all these updates!  My wife and I were supposed to be there with you, but decided to cancel earlier this week 😞  Solid information is hard to come by and we were not comfortable with the possibility of one/both of us being quarantined on vacation.  We booked this in August of 2020 after taking a walk in the neighborhood and deciding that January of 2022 would be clear of Covid issues...oh well!  Rebooked on the Beyond 1/8/2023.

Don't feel too sorry for us...we took a last minute cruise on the Edge in September and hit a "sweet  spot" where the covid outbreaks were really down and we felt very safe in traveling.  That was the most enjoyable cruise we have ever been on....about 800 passengers and felt like a private yacht!  

Enjoy and will be "cruising" with you this week!

• Like 2

Day 1

It feels very empty on this ship.  When we were making our dinner reservations we were told the preliminary count is 1600 but she believes it will be less.  I will ask tomorrow.  Also no shows in Eden due to guest feedbacks from the Edge.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1