Taxi Availability on other side of Island

staceyglow

Last time we were in Cozumel, we took the cozumelbarhop.com bus to the bars on the far side of Cozumel.  We really enjoyed it, but for our next trip, we are considering taking a cab to one of the bars we visited on the bar hop, hanging out for a few hours, and cabbing back.

Is there plenty of taxi availability at those bars (Coconuts, Punta Morena, El Pescador)?  Even though we plan to head back well before ship time, I worry that it might be hard to get a taxi on that side.  I am guessing they aren't lined up like they are at the taxi stand near the cruise port.

1 hour ago, staceyglow said:

Last time we were in Cozumel, we took the cozumelbarhop.com bus to the bars on the far side of Cozumel.  We really enjoyed it, but for our next trip, we are considering taking a cab to one of the bars we visited on the bar hop, hanging out for a few hours, and cabbing back.

Is there plenty of taxi availability at those bars (Coconuts, Punta Morena, El Pescador)?  Even though we plan to head back well before ship time, I worry that it might be hard to get a taxi on that side.  I am guessing they aren't lined up like they are at the taxi stand near the cruise port.

I wouldn’t risk it on a cruise ship day. You may get lucky and get a taxi that has dropped someone off but cell phone service can be iffy on that side as to whether you, or the bar could call for taxi and there aren’t usually waiting taxis.  I would negotiate for a driver to stay for a few hours with you. 

I doubt you would want to stay at Coconuts for very long. I can understand staying longer at Punta Morena or El Pescador.  Punta Morena and Rastas have told me in the past they would call for a taxi but that would depend on your comfort level. I might do it on a land trip but not on a cruise ship day.