Private excursion through Azamara

Travels with Lisa

22 minutes ago, Travels with Lisa said:

hi all

Probably a stupid question, but if you book a private excursion through Azamara, can you use your OBC?  

TIA

Liz

I believe you can

• Like 1

Is it truly a totally private excursion or a private excursion for a limited number of participants but sponsored by and sold by Azamara?  It would make a difference.  If totally private, I don't see how you could book it and pay for it through Azamara?

DON

13 hours ago, donaldsc said:

Is it truly a totally private excursion or a private excursion for a limited number of participants but sponsored by and sold by Azamara?  It would make a difference.  If totally private, I don't see how you could book it and pay for it through Azamara?

DON

Azamara onboard concierge organise truly private tours for guests if they wish them.  Can be 2 guests or a group of 8.  I have even heard of private yacht hires being organised for day trips by that method.  They use shore based agents to organise these events and the itinerary can be customised.  They also organise private transfers back to the airport in executive cars.  I have certainly used OBC for the latter and have no reason to believe there would be issues in using OBC for the former.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Interesting. Thank you. So for instance, if we have a specific itinerary we wish to do in a port, Azamara will arrange that for just the two of us?  As well as for a small group organized via roll call? These are not pre-set excursions? 
Also, do these private excursions run close in cost to what we would pay if we booked a private excursion?  We have often travelled in this manner when DIY was not a great option. I would imagine that  there must be some additional cost? 

Edited by Vineyard View

33 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

Interesting. Thank you. So for instance, if we have a specific itinerary we wish to do in a port, Azamara will arrange that for just the two of us?  As well as for a small group organized via roll call? These are not pre-set excursions? 
Also, do these private excursions run close in cost to what we would pay if we booked a private excursion?  We have often travelled in this manner when DIY was not a great option. I would imagine that  there must be some additional cost? 

They will see if it's possible.  We put in a request for an excursion for our February cruise, but they were unable to arrange it.  My guess is the cost will be higher, as Azamara will need to take their share.

I really do appreciate this Information. 

Rsklenicka, I am curious what type of tours these were?  I have arranged a good number of private tours pre Covid.  I truly do understand that Azamara will add their slice, but that level of cost multiplied by multiple tours in ports would add up quickly. 

• Like 1