Thermal Suite on Apex

taylortime05

We pre-purchased the couples thermal suite package for our cruise next week on the Apex.    I know Celebrity recently changed the policy that we must wear masks inside when we're not eating for drinking.  

1. Does this include the thermal suite?  I don't think it would very comfortable to wear a mask in a steam room.
  2. Are reservations required?  When we were on the Equinox in Sept you had to make an hour reservation to use the thermal suite.  
  3. What time of day did you use it and was it busy? 
  4. Did you enjoy it?  We're paying 199 for 2 for the week.

Thank you for your feedback!  

I was on the 12/20 Apex sailing and enjoyed the thermal suite, but it was just before Omicron blew up. Reservations were not required; I just came and went. It was never busy, but afternoons had more activity. I'm on Edge right now and have avoided the Thermal Suite; spa employees have come down with Covid (although things seem to be better now), and I'm trying to avoid being contract traced to anyone who might test positive. 

Not sure about the current mask policy - sorry - but can tell you that on Edge, masks are required in the gym and Solarium.

I can't answer your question directly but masks would NEVER be required anywhere where it can become wet,since they become ineffective. Do you can be sure you will never be asked to wear masks in a steam room or wet areas.

I was on Edge last week and they were very loosey goosey about masks in the Thermal Suite. A bunch of the staff got covid 😕

I went once and immediately left when I saw no one was wearing a mask.

can’t imagine getting in a sauna or steam room right now… with the lack of airflow it’s like a covid petri dish.

10 hours ago, deejayfore said:

I was on Edge last week and they were very loosey goosey about masks in the Thermal Suite. A bunch of the staff got covid 😕

I went once and immediately left when I saw no one was wearing a mask.

can’t imagine getting in a sauna or steam room right now… with the lack of airflow it’s like a covid petri dish.

If they're asking to be masked in the Thermal Suite that makes no sense. Even if they ask you to wear it when you're in non wet areas what do you do with your mask when you go to a wet area? There's two wet heated rooms and the open shower area where wearing a mask would be ineffective. 

Similarly when I'm at my gym at home they require masks on which is fine. It's fine even if I'm in the locker room changing. But if I'm going to shower at the gym I leave my mask in my locker. You either take the risk or don't shower there. Same with the Thermal suite.