Best a la carte pricing, inflatables + lunch stop

jbrinkm

I'm guessing the answer to this is probably Mr. Sanchos but in case there is a good alternative that may be less crowded, I'm asking...

Where would you recommend for a short (1-2 hour) stop, with some active stuff to do (inflatables especially but also kayak or paddleboard would be great) and good food for lunch? Snorkeling NOT necessary (that will be the rest of our day). Two adults and two kids (ages 12 & 15). Thanks!

23 minutes ago, arlodog said:

You can check out Paradise Beach.  They still have ala carte pricing or AI. 

Thanks @arlodog I see the "fun pass" on the website but it doesn't look like you can book it without a dining package, at least ahead of time, or just book the inflatables. Maybe the website is just confusing. Can I just show up and "order" the fun pass for all of us? And then order off the menu for lunch? Do we get beach chairs, or is it first come, first serve for chairs?

2 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

Thanks @arlodog I see the "fun pass" on the website but it doesn't look like you can book it without a dining package, at least ahead of time, or just book the inflatables. Maybe the website is just confusing. Can I just show up and "order" the fun pass for all of us? And then order off the menu for lunch? Do we get beach chairs, or is it first come, first serve for chairs?

You cannot pre-book but you can just turn up and get fun package then minimum consumption ( maybe $10/12pp, I forget but it is hidden somewhere on website). I doubt you will have a problem with beach chairs although they are close together.

How would you say the food quality compares between the two? The inflatables are the real draw for the kids and are half the price at Sanchos... We do need to eat lunch, so the minimum food is no problem - I assume the food prices are fairly comparable?

We haven't been since the pandemic so I'm not sure how they are doing it now.  I know they are pushing their AI, but understand you can do ala carte still.  I would contact them on Facebook or through their website and ask. We plan on taking the family next June when we will have our kids, spouses and 5 grandkids.   It would be around $600 for an AI so we will be doing the ala carte at Paradise.  We have never had kids with us before to do the inflatables.  From what others have said they are harder than they look--it wears the kids out just trying to climb up and out of the water to get on them!  

We had been to Mr Sancho's before, but didn't feel like we eat/drink enough for an AI.  Last time we visited Paradise Beach the chairs were free--both at the pool and beach.  Food was about what you would expect in a tourist area ($12-$20 per entrée) We usually just get a couple of beers and split an entrée and some chips/guac.  After eating all week on the ship we don't want much.  We love the pool there. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

How would you say the food quality compares between the two? The inflatables are the real draw for the kids and are half the price at Sanchos... We do need to eat lunch, so the minimum food is no problem - I assume the food prices are fairly comparable?

From Paradise Beach website FAQ

IS THERE AN ENTRANCE FEE TO PARADISE BEACH? 

If you prefer our A La Carte option we only charge $5usd per person with a minimum consumption of $10usd per person to use our facilities, this includes lounge chairs, umbrellas, pool, free wifi, restrooms and showers.

ARE WE EXPECTED TO EAT OR DRINK WHILE WE’RE THERE? 

Yes, we are just like your hometown bar/restaurant, we ask you to eat or drink during your visit. A minimum consumption of $10usd per person is required. (Kids 0-4 are exempt from this policy.)

WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE $20USD FUN PASS? 

Full snorkel equipment, kayaks, stand-up paddle boards, our famous water park with slides, water trampolines, climbing ice-berg and beach floats are all included!

Menus for Paradise Beach and Sanchos with prices posted on respective websites. Sanchos has two menus for a la carte and PAYG.

Can’t compare food as we have never been to Sanchos. Paradise has good, clean facilities although prices are definitely tourist prices.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

We were at Paradise Beach in November for the third time. We love it. The food is excellent and reasonably priced IMO. Two adults can split a plate of nachos as they are huge and they have a taco truck (can also be ordered in the dining area) with two tacos for under $5.  You can order and have food brought to your loungers or sit down at a table in the dining ares to eat. Also the facilities (pool, restrooms etc.) are very clean.

The inflatables/kayaks are both included in the fun pass and the best part is you don't all have to purchase it. We got it for our kids only while we watched from a shaded lounger. 🙂

You don't have to reserve, just show up and tell them you would like a la carte. They are super friendly and not pushy. And we have never been checked to see if we actually had the $10 minumum  per person purchase although we usually do.

There are PLENTY of chairs and when we were there, because of lower capacity cruise ships if was not even close to crowded. They ask you when you arrive if you want loungers by the beach or pool where they will set you up for the day. You can still use the pool if you sit by the beach and vise versa.

• Like 1

I get periodic emails from Paradise Beach and their current promotion is 20% off if booked by March for 2022. We love Nachi Cocum but must have went to Paradise Beach, too. Too many beers to remember how I got on their email list?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1