Photos from APEX - 1/3/2022 Cruise

eroller

On 2/3/2022 at 8:07 AM, crystallake said:

I agree.  Celebrity should use your photos in their Advertising.  We will be on Apex in a few weeks and you just increased my excitement.  Absolutely love all the attention to detail in the decor.  Thank you so much for posting.

WOW thank you!  I'm just glad the photos are appreciated.  It's time consuming to take them and I do it mainly for myself as ships are a hobby, but I love sharing them with others.  

You are in for a treat in a few weeks.  I only wish it were me going again.  One of my best cruises ever on a top 5 ship for sure.  I was blown away.  

@eroller add me to your fan list. Your pictures are stunning. We'll be on the Apex in July (Covid willing) and are very much looking forward to experiencing all the new (to us) features.

I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on the Infinity Balcony. We selected a Sky Suite because we wanted a more traditional balcony, but I'm intrigued. 

Thanks again. Now I'm even more excited for our upcoming trip. 👍

3 hours ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

@eroller add me to your fan list. Your pictures are stunning. We'll be on the Apex in July (Covid willing) and are very much looking forward to experiencing all the new (to us) features.

I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on the Infinity Balcony. We selected a Sky Suite because we wanted a more traditional balcony, but I'm intrigued. 

Thanks again. Now I'm even more excited for our upcoming trip. 👍

Thank you and glad you enjoyed the pics!

Regarding the Infinite Balcony, I thought it was kind of cool but keep in mind I'm a lover of technology.  I'm also not the type that sits on the balcony for hours and if I were I might not have enjoyed it as much.  

All that being said, given the choice I would probably pick a traditional balcony.  What I missed was putting my wet bathing suit out there to dry, and also light at night sometimes I just like to step out there and look at the night sky and sea.  Doing that with the Infinite Balcony meant raising the window shade then lowering the window.  Much easier (and quieter) to just duck behind the curtain and open the door on a traditional balcony.  I was traveling single in the cabin so not a big deal, but if I were sharing with a friend or my husband I wouldn't be opening up everything as I wouldn't want to wake them up.  

But the balcony overall isn't that big of a deal for me, and I loved APEX so much that it would have absolutely no bearing on me rebooking this class of ship.  In fact I can't wait to sail on BEYOND!

Enjoy your July cruise!  Who knows by then we may see COVID restrictions lifted baring any additional crazy variants.  Fingers crossed.  

Edited by eroller
  • Like 1

@eroller Thanks for your thoughts. You've echoed what others have said about the infinity balconies. We tend to use our balcony pretty extensively, so were really looking for a more traditional option, but the infinity idea truly does interest me. Might be great for a TA.

Yes, we're keeping our eye on both Covid and the political climate for July: it's a Scandinavia and Baltics/Russia cruise, so will depend in part on what happens with Covid and whether there will be any tours available in the ports (and whether we're at war with Russia). This is a rebooking of a cruise we originally had scheduled for last summer and, worst case, I suppose we push it to 2023 and hope for the best. 🤞

We also have a Caribbean cruise booked on the Apex for spring 2023 so, one way or the other, we'll be aboard her at some point. 😉 

• Like 1