OH NO!, birth certificate has wrong birthday.

novellaherman

I remember thye got the year wrong that my Grandmother was born. She was a January baby and I think someone just kept putting the previous year, just like we do in our checkbooks. She faught it forever, right until she died at 96 in 1983.

My father had the same situation. Getting the birht certificate changed is not an easy process. Once it is filed the state presumes tha tit is accurate. A change requires proof that it was wrong such as hospital records, affidavits, etc. It can be a very time consuming process (it took my dad over 6 months to get his fixed).

Short term easiest solution is to go with a quick DL change and sort it out when you get home, but truthfully as long as everything matches does it matter?

I am so glad you deceided to get the drivers liscense changed. I work at the ticket counter of a major airline and I can tell you that if you showed up to go the carribbean with a drivers liscense and birthcertificate that did not match we would not allow you to go. It happens a lot. Can't wait untill everyone has a passport. Many people I see miss vacations because of birthcertificate problems.

Archived