What to do in Freeport?

layteacher

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2022 at 5:33 PM, exm said:

I have tried the caves in Freeport and resort for a day. Hate to say it but Freeport is by far the worst port out there. Personally I would stay on the ship.

I agree, I've gone snorkeling and a segway tour there but my last trip I just got off of the ship at the last minute and cruised through Senior Frogs and got a couple of drinks from a local vendor at the pier and back on the ship. Total time about 45 minutes.

• 3 weeks later...

I second Paradise Cove. Everything was great except the owner (old man) yelled at me for going to the bathroom before we got in the van to back to the ship🙄.. That was like 4 years ago though so I should probably get over it 😄

We're cruising with kids this time, and I'm not sure they're strong enough swimmers to go all the way to reef to snorkel, so I am looking at others options as well. I was looking at day passes to viva wyndham fortuna beach but the reviews seem mixed. I can't decide what to do.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I know these are older posts and the OP has already traveled but just in case others are looking for Freeport options…..I can highly recommend Mamma Gal East End Native Experience…Charlie was our driver for 6 of us.  He was so flexible when we gathered our peeps later than planned and he catered to our interests.  He was full of interesting stories about his life on the island, history, hurricane recovery (still very rough on the island).  The port area is dismal and shops closed so don’t count on that for entertainment but if you take the time to get out with Charlie, he will make it a memorable day.  We went to Lucayan National Park, hit a couple beaches and at least 3 beautiful beach bars….we passed on a shopping stop.  Been there many times over the years and we were so glad we did this tour and they really appreciated the business.  

On 7/6/2022 at 5:55 PM, ramidon1 said:

I know these are older posts and the OP has already traveled but just in case others are looking for Freeport options…..I can highly recommend Mamma Gal East End Native Experience…Charlie was our driver for 6 of us.  He was so flexible when we gathered our peeps later than planned and he catered to our interests.  He was full of interesting stories about his life on the island, history, hurricane recovery (still very rough on the island).  The port area is dismal and shops closed so don’t count on that for entertainment but if you take the time to get out with Charlie, he will make it a memorable day.  We went to Lucayan National Park, hit a couple beaches and at least 3 beautiful beach bars….we passed on a shopping stop.  Been there many times over the years and we were so glad we did this tour and they really appreciated the business.  

How much time is there at the beaches?   Our group has 4 kids with us that will be ages 3, 4 7, and 8.   Will they like this or is this more of an adult tour?   Thank you for responding.   

I believe you could stay as long as you want at the beach; he could not have been more accommodating.  I also think he would be great adapting to the kids’ interests….

Edited by ramidon1
  • Like 1