Cruise Newbie question... How many nights is too much?

Sha-Sha221

On 1/29/2022 at 12:50 AM, Sha-Sha221 said:

The rooms are very nice and have more room than a accessible room similar to what I was looking at on Disney. I need a shower no tub because of mobility issues and so does my friend.

I am disabled due to a Neurological Disorder t

You may wish to check out this forum on Cruise Critic: 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/114-disabled-cruise-travel/

The people on  it are knowledgeable and very willing to answer specific questions you may have on traveling on a cruise or the specific ports.

I received useful information on various ports when we traveled with friends. The husband uses a scooter and walker due to CP and I received information that made moving around the ports easier than trying on our own.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sha-Sha221 said:

Hi,

I haven't decided yet. I think I used the wrong wording when I said I chose Disney. My meaning in chose I meant I them as my favorite cruise in my profile. I am heavily leaning toward Celebrity. My friend and I can always do a short cruise on the Disney Wish the ship coming out this summer in the future to experience a Disney Cruise. So no decision yet.

@the penguins I will send you an email tonight. I appreciate your help. 😊

Shauna 🙂

Hi Shuana, your email received and reply sent. Hope it helps. Geoff

• Like 1

Everyone's mileage on this is going to vary.  Many like the short, 3-5 day, hopper cruises, not us.  Some like just one week island hopping, not us.  Some like longer port intensive European/Med cruises, not us.  For us, give us as many sea days as possible, thus we only do 12+ day cruises.  7/8 hours in a port is nice, but really just gives you a small taste of that area.   Friends do this to help decide where they want to go for longer land vacations.  As we do both cruising and land vacations every year, we feel we get the best of both worlds for our valued vacation time.  Land vacations, we pack it in, on a cruise we just tend to go for the R&R.  Whatever you decide works for you, no doubt you will enjoy the cruise.  

• Like 3

As I think back on my prior post, and consider what we've said while aboard some number of times...

It's a good thing for us that, due to manifest and vetting requirements, you can't extend a cruise into a B2whatever on the last night.  Somewhere between day 12 and day 14, it starts to get down to either

1) We need to get off this ship, or

2) We won't ever be able to get ourselves off this ship .. we'll just stay aboard and deplete our kid's inheritance until throw us off for lack of payment!

• Haha 2

Have fun. Your question actually takes into consideration several things. 1. Length, 2. Cruise line, 3. Itinerary. I would heavily vote on points 2 and 3 towards the celebrity cruise. But it’s long for a first cruise IMO. Don’t forget that most posters on this website are cruise veterans and could live on a cruise ship if it worked for their life. My longest has been 12 nights, and that’s a bit long for me. Port intensive I can do it. Sea day intensive, not so much.

• Like 1