NCL Upgrade Advantage - for last minute reservation and getting invitation to bid

Frankf3

Has anyone been invited to bid for upgrade after making a close in / last minute reservation (meaning within 2 weeks or so of cruise departure date)?   If you did, how long after reservation was paid did you receive the invitation to bid for upgrade?

We just made a reservation for a Feb 5 (2022) cruise a couple of days ago.   No invitation to bid for upgrade advantage program and when I sign in to my account on NCL it doesn't seem to show anything about cabin upgrade. 

1 minute ago, Frankf3 said:

Has anyone been invited to bid for upgrade after making a close in / last minute reservation (meaning within 2 weeks or so of cruise departure date)?   If you did, how long after reservation was paid did you receive the invitation to bid for upgrade?

We just made a reservation for a Feb 5 (2022) cruise a couple of days ago.   No invitation to bid for upgrade advantage program and when I sign in to my account on NCL it doesn't seem to show anything about cabin upgrade. 

I booked last Saturday for the 5th and got my upgrade offer on Tuesday.  I have a friend who booked the same cruise months ago and never got an offer so it doesn't always happen.

If you booked through a travel agent, they may have opted out of the upgrade program.  I believe places like Costco don't participate.

We booked a week out, and got upgrade emails within a day or so.

2 hours ago, Frankf3 said:

We usually book last minute thru NCL and are offered upgrade bidding  within 48 hrs. 
Here is a direct link to check eligibility: https://upgrade.plusgrade.com/offer/NCL/

5 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

I booked last Saturday for the 5th and got my upgrade offer on Tuesday.  I have a friend who booked the same cruise months ago and never got an offer so it doesn't always happen.

Thanks very much!   The "never got an offer is what I'm afraid of...". 

4 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I made a reservation on a Tuesday for a Sunday sailing date.  I got the invitation on Friday and the acceptance on Saturday.

Good to know it's possible, even in really tight windows!

10 minutes ago, Frankf3 said:

Good to know it's possible, even in really tight windows!

Wanted to add:

Originally booked sailaway OV.  Cabin was assigned within minutes.  Not thrilled with location.

Bid minimum for balcony.  Cabin assigned was in a great location.

Moral of the story....don't assume you'll get "the cabin nobody wanted" just because it's a late bid.