cheapest place to get a PCR test and antigen test

boomie

Hi - As a Canadian travelling in March (hopefully), I believe I need 3 tests to board a cruise and return home. I'm flying to Miami a few days early, will get an antigen test in Canada prior. But I'll need to get another before I board the ship. NCL says tests need to be administered no more than two days in advance. Prior to returning to Canada, I will need another another one. Luckily my flight is at 6pm on the day of disembarkation at FLL.

MIA - Antigen test - where can I get one cheap? It doesn't' have to be same day but ideally.

FLL - PCR test - again, where can I get one cheap? NCL said there will be PCR testing at the port for $125pp and you'll get the results in 90 mins. But $125 sounds gawd awfully expensive.

I should mention, we are going as a group of 24. My family is a family of 5. 

Any advice will help.

• Haha 1

$125 for a rapid PCR test is actually not bad. I had to pay $200 for one locally. I don’t think you’ll find a same day pcr result for less than $125.

if you can make an appointment at Walgreens for an IDnow test that’s probably you best bet for a free rapid test going to the cruise. Not sure if you need a US address for that or not.

Edited by sanger727

From what I read after March 1, 2022, NCL will not be providing testing at Piers.  Before it said at your own cost, but think we are on our own now.  NCL has a lot about home proctoring tests that they suggest.  I'm not just up to that, so will be waiting for another change of rules.  urggh