Veuve Clicquot dinner?

JahHaus

20 minutes ago, quicklabs said:

I knew I majored in French for a reason. 

Well I took one semester of college French 30 years ago.  So that’s like semi fluent.  

Je parle tres bien.  🙂

Edited by zitsky

My son, picking out classes for his freshman year in high school: I'm going to take French.

Me: Spanish is more practical. You live in SoCal, and Spanish is far more commonly spoken here. Speaking Spanish would be a very marketable skill.

Son: Yeah, well, chicks dig a guy who can speak French.

Me: I have no counter-argument.

He ended up skipping 3rd year French and getting a 5 (the highest score possible) on the Advanced Placement Exam.

• Haha 4

I took 4 years of high school German and some in college.  In college I started with 3rd year German.

I took German because I thought my last name was German.  I even did genealogy to try and prove it but I went back to 1775 and still couldn’t find someone from Germany.

So a few years ago I did one of those DNA tests. It came back as…… Irish.

Those German classes have been really useful.  Right.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 3/17/2022 at 8:35 AM, misterkevin said:

It was offered two weeks ago on the last night of a Summit itinerary. It was $199 per person.

We’re hoping this is offered on our upcoming Apex sailing - can you share if this price included gratuities? 

1 hour ago, Chrissit said:

We’re hoping this is offered on our upcoming Apex sailing - can you share if this price included gratuities? 

On Apex a few weeks ago and it was $249/pp. I love Veuve but my DH didn’t want to have each meal paired with champagne. If you are interested in the dinner signup early with the sommelier, it sells out fast. 

33 minutes ago, Martini Queenie said:

On Apex a few weeks ago and it was $249/pp. I love Veuve but my DH didn’t want to have each meal paired with champagne. If you are interested in the dinner signup early with the sommelier, it sells out fast. 

….wow! We are still interested in the meal, but when we first heard about it was running $150 per. $249 per feels high. I wonder if they are selling out at that price. 

Edited by Chrissit

We just did it on Apex week before last. The cost was $199 pp. I don't recall if that included gratuities - I don't think so.  4 champagne courses and 2 additional courses, one with chardonnay and one with merlot. We had to ask a Maitre 'D specifically about it - it wasn't brought up as one of the wine or dinner events when we asked generally.  It was a lot of fun, but to be honest, for us it's a one-and-done kind of event.  

• 1 month later...

So does anyone know, how quick the champagne dinner fills up?  There are four of us now who want to do it.  The app suggests calling 7000 (customer service?).  Others say you have to find a/the maitre'd?  Just wondering what is the best way to sign up.

Just now, MDCruze said:

We went straight to the retreat concierge to ask about this and sign up. There were only 3 couples, but I understand all 3 of us did the same. Hope that helps.

Thanks.  I’m not in a suite but my mom says I’m very special.  I’ll try calling customer service.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MDCruze said:

LOL! Sorry, I should have said that I think you could do the same with the Maitre'd at any of the specialty restaurants as soon as you board.

Well I don't know who or what this "maiter dee" thing is, but they're not going to stop me from signing up!  My mom said I could go.  🙂

1 hour ago, Whinenowine said:

Sounds like everyone who's attended has loved it--which is great.  But if it's up to $250pp, I'd hope they'd pop a bottle of La Grande Dame (or two...)!

La Grande Dame?  No thanks.  I'd rather have Veuve Clicquot.  😁

1 hour ago, Whinenowine said:

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic (don't speak German!!).  But just in case...it's made by Veueve, it's their tete de cure--their most expensive bottle.  😇

I don’t know what a teat doo qure is.  I don’t speaka the French but thanks anyway.

/s

/s

/s

/s

On 3/18/2022 at 1:16 PM, zitsky said:

I took 4 years of high school German and some in college.  In college I started with 3rd year German.

I took German because I thought my last name was German.  I even did genealogy to try and prove it but I went back to 1775 and still couldn’t find someone from Germany.

So a few years ago I did one of those DNA tests. It came back as…… Irish.

Those German classes have been really useful.  Right.

What does that have to do with French?   Really!

On 5/19/2022 at 2:56 PM, Whinenowine said:

Sounds like everyone who's attended has loved it--which is great.  But if it's up to $250pp, I'd hope they'd pop a bottle of La Grande Dame (or two...)!

We attended this on Edge last November. It was $250pp and they did crack La Grande Dame. Really enjoyed it, but at that price I agree it's a one and done.