How well do balcony door coverings work?

jbrinkm

We'll have a balcony for the first time ever on our upcoming April cruise. We like to sleep in a dark room, and have always had interior rooms in the past. I'm wondering how well the curtains (blinds?) work in preventing sunlight into the room? Does a lot of light come into the room in the morning? If so, does anyone have any tricks or advice about how to close them more thoroughly - magnets, or clips, perhaps?

If you close them correctly and overlap, they provide a lot of darkness.  But then, I sleep in a room with fabric blinds and no curtains all the time.  We also are fairly early risers and on cruises are usually up by 730 lol.  BTW, 730 is late for us.

Edited by BND

1 hour ago, wake74 said:

My wife who apparently has transparent eyelids and can spot a blinking clock three bedrooms down even when our master bedroom door is closed has never had a problem on a cruise ship.

And I thought I was the only one who covers up the router in the hall and bedroom clock with washcloths!  Ha…thanks for the post!   BTW although the curtains are black out type, I still use a clip to ensure no light finds its way in!   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CRUIS4ME said:

And I thought I was the only one who covers up the router in the hall and bedroom clock with washcloths!  Ha…thanks for the post!   BTW although the curtains are black out type, I still use a clip to ensure no light finds its way in!   

It's absolutely amazing how much light can come in through a peep hole Isn't it?