Penthouse Question Riviera

bohaiboy

Have never sailed O before, mainly SilverSea and Seabourn because we like the smaller ships.  However there is an itinerary we like that goes around northern Norway and a few Russian stops.  We are looking at a PH suite because they are more in line with SS and SB as far as comfort and size.  What other amenities do PH suite bring?  I knw there are some promotions going on for OBC, excursions or drinks packages, but I assume gratuities are NOT included.  TIA.

PS  I see an upgrade option to Premium Economy for $199.  Is there an option for upgrade to Biz Class?

Edited by bohaiboy
Add info

19 minutes ago, bohaiboy said:

Have never sailed O before, mainly SilverSea and Seabourn because we like the smaller ships.  However there is an itinerary we like that goes around northern Norway and a few Russian stops.  We are looking at a PH suite because they are more in line with SS and SB as far as comfort and size.  What other amenities do PH suite bring?  I knw there are some promotions going on for OBC, excursions or drinks packages, but I assume gratuities are NOT included.  TIA.

PS  I see an upgrade option to Premium Economy for $199.  Is there an option for upgrade to Biz Class?

Here are the PH amenities from Oceania's website:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/riviera/suites-staterooms/penthouse-suite/

You are correct that gratuities are not included, but if you book through a preferred TA, you're like to get  gratuities from him/her and/or OBC to cover at least part of them, in addition to an OLife promotion.

Sounds like you're looking the August 5, 2023 sailing of the Riveria.  If so, we're booked on it.

We've driven through Comfort, TX.

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 1

Yes, an Oceania PH on Marina or Riviera is the closest thing to a regular verandah on SS and SB.  The closet is actually better on O.  You asked about PH amenities..... the Exec Lounge is handy for a mediocre latte if it's on your floor.  But other than that - it's the cabin size that motivates us.

Yeah.... the biz class thing.  It's a problem on O.  Just book your own.

O has more dining options than on SB.  All specialty restaurants on O have zero surcharge, unlike SS.  The morning scrum in SB colonade and SS La Terraza is the same scrum you'll find at the Terrace on O.  We haven't found that the increase in pax on O has impacted our experience.  Which surprised us.  We do miss SS Arts Cafe/Seabourn Square.  Oceania's Barristas is not the same thing, and though they are trying to upgrade that experience, we feel they are missing the mark by a lot. Oceania's La Reserve will offer several "wine tasting evenings" with tapas.  We've enjoyed that.

The extra cost wine tastings on O (held in one of the specialties during the day - sea day) on our last trip (11/21) were absolutely exceptional, better than anything we have experienced on SS or SB.

Oceania shorex has been more expensive than either SB or SS.  However, we did a 3 day trip extension through O, and it was outstanding, and a reasonable cost.  We would do it again in a heartbeat.

We've been very itinerary driven the last 5 years, and O has consistently beaten out both other lines.  Every time.  That said, after our 5 weeks on O's Sirena this fall, we will be taking the SS Moon TA back to the US.  We are dying to try S.A.L.T.  

Hope this helps.  I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 2/6/2022 at 7:13 PM, bohaiboy said:

Love the PH suite size.  O provided one way business class on our last transatlantic for a very reasonable upgrade.  Cheaper than I could buy elsewhere.