fly cruises to Canaries

kevboy

Sorry if this has been asked before but on fly cruises does luggage go straight to cabin similar to flying into Barbados? Equally, is it the same on Med cruises that fly into Malta?

Many thanks. Need this info for disabled passenger. 

kev

as i understand it, only in "Bonded" locations .... e.g. Barbados, Croatia .... don;t know if Canaries/Malta are "bonded" but possibly not.

certainly in Corfu and Malaga (my two post-covid cruises), you had to collect the luggage from the airport carousel and take to the coach ... after which you did not see it until it reached your cabin

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ferretktf said:

as i understand it, only in "Bonded" locations .... e.g. Barbados, Croatia .... don;t know if Canaries/Malta are "bonded" but possibly not.

certainly in Corfu and Malaga (my two post-covid cruises), you had to collect the luggage from the airport carousel and take to the coach ... after which you did not see it until it reached your cabin

Thanks - I’m going to Croatia so maybe ok !

When we flew out to Malta with Tui  from Manchester our luggage went straight to the cabin and on way home we out it outside cabin and next time we saw it was back in Manchester  However my sister flew to same cruise from Bristol and they had to deal with own luggage ( can't remember which airline) so it looks like it depends on which air line ( prob depends on if flight is charter or not) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, latin princess said:

When we flew out to Malta with Tui  from Manchester our luggage went straight to the cabin and on way home we out it outside cabin and next time we saw it was back in Manchester  However my sister flew to same cruise from Bristol and they had to deal with own luggage ( can't remember which airline) so it looks like it depends on which air line ( prob depends on if flight is charter or not) 

Oh God ! Nothings straight forward anymore .

19 hours ago, kevboy said:

Sorry if this has been asked before but on fly cruises does luggage go straight to cabin similar to flying into Barbados? Equally, is it the same on Med cruises that fly into Malta?

Many thanks. Need this info for disabled passenger. 

kev

As per the current faq's we were booked on a Malta fly cruise a few years ago and the situation then was also dependent upon whether you were booked on a charter flight, with those having the luggage transported direct, but if on a non charter it would have been necessary to collect the luggage at the airport.

The reason I am adding to this thread, is to let you know we had no choice of a charter, or non charter flight and both were run from our airport, Manchester.  There are systems for disabled people on airlines though, so perhaps worth looking into those, but it may just be possible to request a charter flight from P&O if you are disabled, but you would likely only know that if they are asked.  I suspect a lot would depend on the disability.

Edited by tring