SEMI LIVE REVIEW- Millenium 21st Feb

anniedave

The next morning we got up and left the room and headed to the airport for our 12.30 flight. We checked in and had a burger King before getting ready for boarding . Whilst waiting to board our names were called to go to the desk and we were given a nice surprise. Someone who had booked exit row seats was unable to open the doors so they had swapped our seats to exit row with extra leg room free of charge. We had an uneventful flight back to Miami ( I slept alot!) and at the airport we grabbed some sandwiches, drinks and snacks to eat in our room as we had decided we were too tired to go out. We arrived at the hotel, - (the same Best Western) we had stayed in the night before we flew to Miami checked into our room and after the food went to sleep.

Yesterday morning we had the free breakfast at the hotel ....it was very underwhelming - fruit, yoghurt, toast, croissants, coffee, juice and some 'meat patties" & eggs that we avoided ! It was nice that checkout wasn't until noon and our flight wasn't until 5.15pm  so we made the most of that - and got the free shuttle to the airport at 12.30. I had already checked in online the night before - which was a complicated process as I had to complete passenger locator forms for our post days in the UK - along with vaccination details etc.  Knowing that checkin  time for the BA UK flight would be  whilst we were in the air between Vegas & Miami and wanting to ensure we got seats together I went online to pay for seats the day before and was happy we got 2 seats all on their own at the back of the plane. 

We had a few hours to kill at the airport and found a smoking bar linked to TGI Fridays where we stayed a couple of hours and I had an amazing caesar salad. The flight home was probably the worst service we have had on a BA flight. We didn't get offered a drink until nearly  3 hours into the flight - it came as the same time as our meal. By the time they got to us they only had chicken left and had run out of Coke . They then seemed to give up offering tea & coffee before they got to us. It took us 3 times of asking & an hour wait to finally get a cup of coffee! . In addition to this it was freezing on the flight . Everyone was wrapped up in blankets & piling on clothes !! . After the appalling flight we eventually arrived back in the UK and after a quick taxi ride back to the hotel we collected our car and headed home.

20220310_223341.jpg

20220310_223348.jpg

20220311_142801.jpg

20220311_193510.jpg

20220312_055437.jpg

Well London - Miami - Fort Lauderdale - Dominican Republic - St Thomas- St Croix - Antigua-  St Kitts & Nevis - St Maarten - Fort Lauderdale - Miami - Las Vegas - Miami - London..... 22 nights & 23 days we are finally home.
We had an amazing time we loved our adventure . There were lots of highs and a few lows but we know we are so lucky to have the experience.
Will we cruise again ? ... definately if we  have the chance .
Will we cruise Celeb again? - we aren't sure yet , we are going to explore other options for a possible cruise in 2024 to celebrate our silver anniversary 
Will we go Aqua again if we go Celeb ? - prob not ...we ate off main dining room menu more than Blu and I was really unimpressed with the spa on Millenium.
Did we enjoy the Millenium? - we know every one has their favourites ...we def preferred the Reflection over the Millenium but if we sail Celeb again we want to try edge class.
Will we go back to Vegas ? Probably not . 
Thanks for following along hope you have enjoyed my review . 

• Like 5

Thanks again for your comprehensive review,

Sorry you had such a bad flight home. It sounds like BA haven’t got their act together yet. Before Covid we thought they were going downhill, sounds like they have maintained their standards!!

One last question, were the Uber taxis cheap or similar to U.K. prices?

hope you are having a relaxing weekend. Thanks again,

Libby

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kristal Blade said:

Thanks again for your comprehensive review,

Sorry you had such a bad flight home. It sounds like BA haven’t got their act together yet. Before Covid we thought they were going downhill, sounds like they have maintained their standards!!

One last question, were the Uber taxis cheap or similar to U.K. prices?

hope you are having a relaxing weekend. Thanks again,

Libby

Tbh we don't usually use Ubers much in UK. Ubers were cheaper than taxis but a couple of times I couldn't log onto uber and a couple of places were so busy we decided it was just easier to get in the taxi line. I think uber from port Everglades to hotel near Miami airport was about $30 but then an uber from hotel to southbeach was nearly the same price . About $15 -$20 dollars to get from strip to downtown in Vegas in uber & $20 - $25 in a cab . 

• 11 months later...