Gender and Title???

tlbutler33

On 2/13/2022 at 10:18 AM, RichYak said:

Is "His Royal Highness" a choice? I may select that next time just for fun. 🤣

Brings back memories. For more than 10 years, my official government email signature included the initials SG. For many years, nobody questioned what it might mean since the government often includes lots of degrees and titles, etc. Finally someone did ask. It meant Supreme Goddess, of course. 

• Like 1

On 2/14/2022 at 11:12 AM, Oceansaway17 said:

well some folks have a boy's name and almost got drafted into the Army years ago.

I do find the trend towards non gender names to be interesting. I also know that ships have to keep good records but boy do they sometimes mess up.

My DW was ordered to report in 1965 for an induction physical.   The notice sent to Susan Ann Bentley.  The explanation was the box was ticked for M.  Nobody looked at anything else.

As far title options on Celebrity, someplace I was asked to chose one but the options were only Miss, Ms., Mrs., Mr. I don't think it even included Master. I was a bit surprised at that since usually there are one or two other options including Doc. And a choice was required in order to continue. 

On 2/11/2022 at 8:55 AM, tlbutler33 said:

So when I try to put our beds together online, I get this error. Celebrity better be mindful how this can be interpretted.

image.png.2904472abbbee2a02b53b341827efb5f.png

The issue to me is the gender/title is unnecessary for the cruiseline and assumes only cis-normative gender. 

• Like 2