How to list food allergies on Medlon Ap

4x4bob

My Daughter who will be going with us to Alaska in May on the Discovery tried to access Ocean Ready to list her food allergies.  The Ap will not allow her to post notes listing what she is allergic to when it comes to food.

How has this been over come by some one who has the same problem? Or did you have to wait until on ship to make contact with staff to make this list known? And how long did that take?  Will she be waiting a day or so to get her list posted?

Thanks

Bob

Historically we've indicated in the website personalizer that we have a food allergy.  there was no spot for specifics. 

Then, Princess dietary dept emails us and asks us for details.  

I think the reply went to the email noted above by another poster.   

However, we'd get onboard and goto meet with the Maitre'd on the embarkation day to confirm, and they'd have NO record of what we submitted to head office.   

They took our info down and told us to contact our head waiter at our first dinner. 

At the first dinner, sometimes the Head waiter had received a notice to talk to us, other times not. 

Communication is not the best! 

However, once we spoke to the head waiter, he (we've always had males) was very attentive.  

He'd make sure our daughter's meal was allergen free.  He'd bring the menus for the next night so she could choose ahead.  They offered her the chef's "special dessert" which would be made allergen free.  She loved those.   Even when we went to the specialty restaurants, the head waiter would call up and sometimes walk up to visit us, to make sure we were allergen free.  

The head waiters also do double duty in the buffet for breakfast and lunch, and if our daughter's head waiter was up there when she was, he'd help her find the right foods.   If our HW was not there, any of the other HW's were excellent in assisting.   

We've had no issues at all with our daughter's allergies onboard ship.  They have been excellent.   

• Like 1

I have a food insensitivity and cannot list it in the MC App. No matter. I am assigned to a HW who makes sure my food won't trigger anything. I suggest you try to show up in the MDR embarkation day and tell the host / hostess that you'd like to alert them. That way there'll be no issue from 1st dinner on