40 Canons Feedback

Lisah101

5 hours ago, Lisah101 said:

We are thinking of purchasing their beach day pass for our stop in Costa Maya but can't find any reviews on CC.  Has anyone been there recently? 

Pez Quadro (pezquadrocostamaya.com)

Haven’t been there in a long time but seemed very quiet when we passed unlike usual and there were three ships in port. 

There was something strange about the vibe in Mahahual today - even quieter than Sunday when there was only one ship in port.

4 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Haven’t been there in a long time but seemed very quiet when we passed unlike usual and there were three ships in port. 

There was something strange about the vibe in Mahahual today - even quieter than Sunday when there was only one ship in port.

I can't help with info on Pez Quadro but in response to c-legs5, to make up for my 18 months of lost cruises, I have been on 8 cruises in the last 8 months with another one next week. Both the ships and the ports seem more somber with less party atmosphere than pre-covid. Some of this has to do with the ships being less crowded and passengers being less willing to meet and closely associate with strangers due to the risk of infection. 

There is no joy in having to wear a mask in many places and others are still sad from the loss of loved ones. I, optimistically, believe that, in time, we will all fully enjoy the pleasures of travel again.  

9 hours ago, tallyho8 said:

I can't help with info on Pez Quadro but in response to c-legs5, to make up for my 18 months of lost cruises, I have been on 8 cruises in the last 8 months with another one next week. Both the ships and the ports seem more somber with less party atmosphere than pre-covid. Some of this has to do with the ships being less crowded and passengers being less willing to meet and closely associate with strangers due to the risk of infection. 

There is no joy in having to wear a mask in many places and others are still sad from the loss of loved ones. I, optimistically, believe that, in time, we will all fully enjoy the pleasures of travel again.  

We are just completing our first B2B cruise in two years but we have taken several extended land trips to Cozumel.

I agree with your assessment. I think the difference in vibe of Mahahual on the two days we visited was that although there were less cruisers on Sunday the town was busy with local families enjoying the beach.

With regards to Pez Quadro it occurred to me that it used to be very popular with crew members and for our ship at least, crew members are unable to disembark in port at the moment.