QE2 Princess/Britannia Grills

Jim Avery

I have searched back several pages for this thread and I am sure it has been discussed before but please humor me. For those who have been Grill pax on QE2, what is the difference in the two Grills named above. To be in Princess Grill do you need P1 or P2 category or is the division random? From all the posts read, it seems fairly unanimous that the Grill tariff is worth it. Looking forward to being there April 07.

Thanks,

Jim.

I have searched back several pages for this thread and I am sure it has been discussed before but please humor me. For those who have been Grill pax on QE2, what is the difference in the two Grills named above. To be in Princess Grill do you need P1 or P2 category or is the division random? From all the posts read, it seems fairly unanimous that the Grill tariff is worth it. Looking forward to being there April 07.

Thanks,

Jim.

the 2 grills are for grill pax only(p-1/p-2 cat) with open seating you are assigned a table for the cruise and that is your location for breakfast, lunch and dinner if you want to show up if not the table stays empty. one grill is on the port side and the other is on the starboard side with large windows over looking the ocean. each time when we were onboard the princess grill was non smoking and the britannia was a smoking resturant. the extra cost is well worth it great food great service intimate dining the staff will make any dish you could ask for! actually we prefer the qe2 and the princess grill over the qm2 and the princess grill on borad her. i wish we were going with you. enjoy your cruise!!! bonvoyage

There is no difference in food or service between these two. Which one you are assigned to (as Princess Grill class guest P 1-4) is random respectively on request. Neither one is supposed to be superior to the other.

Which one you subjectively prefer, is up to the individual taste. Princess Grill is almost in the original design as the QE2 was built with dark red as the dominating colour and 1960's design chairs. There is a direct access from the Princess Grill Bar to the restaurant.

The Britannia Grill's design is a little bit more subdued, blue in colour and with classic wooden furniture.

Either way you will enjoy.

We were in the Princess Grill which we especially liked as the Champagne Bar was situated right downstairs (or via elevator) so one could have a glass before dinner and walk up the spiral staircase to the PG. As soon as the Asst Maitre'd saw us he would rush over to great us.

Jeanne

We, too, enjoyed the Princess Grill on an autumnal crossing a few years ago, and did not realize it at the time that this grill restaurant was non-smoking. So if you are either a smoker or a non-smoker, your choice between the two might be dependent upon that. We are booked Princess Grill for the April '07 crossing and I have requested this restaurant.

Actually, I am told that "by default", occupants of P1 cabins are assigned to the Princess Grill while P2/3/4 occupants get assigned to Britannia Grill.

But this is not a hard-and-fast rule, and anyone in a P grade cabin can specifically request either Princess or Britannia Grill, though of course there is no guarantee that you will get your choice.

Archived