Italy to relax entry restrictions

tert333

Looks like effective March 1, Italy is not requiring a pre-departure test before arriving.  This will make it much easier as their current rule is that if you take an antigen test, it must be taken 24 prior to arrival in Italy.  If you have a connecting flight with a delay, it could have been an issue.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/italy-to-relax-entry-restrictions-for-third-country-travellers-from-march-1/

• Like 1

Good news indeed.  Think you are seeing the European countries that went into Omicron lock down slowly starting to fully open back up.  I would not be overly surprised to see US drop the arrival antigen testing in the relatively near future as well.  Since we are about 4-5 weeks behind everyone else in mandates, maybe by end of March or early April we'll be done with arrival testing too.  Not sure which direction I see the cruise lines going on the testing route.  Can see them keeping testing in place as a safety measure to smooth over historical bad press, but maybe not.

Edited by ALD18

6 hours ago, tottenhamfc said:

So for double vaxxed plus booster, how does one get another booster on demand if it is out of the 270 day timeline. In my case we will be about 290 days from last booster when we travel to Italy!

I was wondering the same thing!! Trip booked for September but that will be 11 months after booster.

1 hour ago, waiting2retire said:

I suspect that as the Covid restrictions pertaining to travel continue to evolve, if boosters remain a requirement for entry to other countries, Canada will make them available to those who want them. 

I certainly hope so, we received our booster (3rd shot) in September 2021 and are traveling in October this year!

3 hours ago, waiting2retire said:

I suspect that as the Covid restrictions pertaining to travel continue to evolve, if boosters remain a requirement for entry to other countries, Canada will make them available to those who want them. 

You think we are that accommodating for travel? In BC we still are very cautious. They just dont want to let go. Lets see what the Cruiselines have to contend with when the rules change in the next few days.