Pre travel RT PCR testing for entry to Barbados

Fezz0123

Hi

We’re due to fly to Barbados on 6th March to board the Grandeur of the Seas and need to have a PCR test 3 days before we arrive. We were booking in to be tested by Randox but I have just seen on the visitbarbados.org website their list of international testing providers and it only lists Expresstest by Cignpost for the UK. Does that mean they’ll only accept tests carried out by Cignpost ?

Also, we have had Covid in January and therefore could end up with a positive test due to having it within 3 months of this test. If we showed up as positive, would the NHS app stating that we had it in January be sufficient or would we need a letter from our G.P stating that we’d had it?

Thanks in advance

Fezz0123

1 hour ago, Fezz0123 said:

Also, we have had Covid in January and therefore could end up with a positive test due to having it within 3 months of this test. If we showed up as positive, would the NHS app stating that we had it in January be sufficient or would we need a letter from our G.P stating that we’d had it?

It doesn't matter if you had it or not - you can't board without a negative test. @little britain may have info.

Barbados no longer require a PCR test, Antigen tests are now accepted: https://www.visitbarbados.org/covid-19-travel-guidelines-2022

We’re travelling at the end of March, and had COVID in Jan, for this reason, we’ll be going the Antigen test route - hopefully ruling out a false positive test.

As long as the test you do meets the criteria laid out in the above, you should fine. RC also perform an Antigen test at the port before boarding. 

RC only require a PCR for unvaccinated under 12’s

Edited by kw1816

😆 I’ve actually just had a phone call from the Barbados Tourism people. They say that if you have a positive PCR test but have had COVID in the past 3 months, you can show the NHS passport which shows when you’ve had it. You’ll then have to do an antigen test in Barbados and if it’s negative,  you’re good to go. If it fails you’ll have to do a PCR test and stay in a hotel for two days at your own cost and wait for the results ( and miss the cruise 🤪)

After a recovery from covid your chances of testing negative with the antigen test are more likely than the PCR test.    Let's hope you don't have to get a PCR in Barbados.   

Remember if you fail the PCR test in Barbados you are either sent to their own facility to quarantine or they may give you an option of a hotel to select from but at your own expense    most of them cost about $250 to $350 per night plus food per person, etc  

Have you done antigen test recently just to see what your results are?

17 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

After a recovery from covid your chances of testing negative with the antigen test are more likely than the PCR test.    Let's hope you don't have to get a PCR in Barbados.   

Remember if you fail the PCR test in Barbados you are either sent to their own facility to quarantine or they may give you an option of a hotel to select from but at your own expense    most of them cost about $250 to $350 per night plus food per person, etc  

Have you done antigen test recently just to see what your results are?

I’ve never tested positive with a lateral flow test even when I’ve had COVID, and that’s twice 🙄.

4 hours ago, Fezz0123 said:

I’ve never tested positive with a lateral flow test even when I’ve had COVID, and that’s twice 🙄.

My friend had C at Christmas. She did a home PCR test 3 weeks before and was negative; she then did Express 72 hrs before entering Barbados ( negative) and then was negative on the pre boarding LFT 

as far as Barbados are concerned so long as you show a negative PCR ( when we flew in rules were different) they didn’t want to know if you had had C or not.