Need a local person's help :)

My son is headed to FLL for spring break in 2 weeks, He is currently at the Embassy Suite and he doesn't care how far it is from the action - they are four football players and they can walk.  I also told him about the free shuttle/trolley thingy that goes right to his hotel and the beach.  I think I want to move him over to the Hilton Marina because its so pretty - BUT how do you walk to the beach - A1A is above the hotel so  do you have to back track to 17th street anyway and then they're right back where they started from?  I don't even  think what I said makes any sense.  Please help.  🙂

I grew up in Fort Lauderdale, just north of 17th Street.

Yes, you would have to backtrack a couple of hundred feet to get to the sidewalk to go over the 17th Street Bridge.

However, at the Hilton, you’d also be 100 feet from the Water Taxi station underneath the 17th Street bridge. If at the Embassy Suites, you’d have to walk basically past the Hilton to get to the water taxi dock.

The Embassy Suites is a hair closer to some of the restaurants than the Hilton, with the exception of Starbucks, the bagel place, and Tokyo Sushi.

A favorite local place is Quarterdeck. There is one just north of the Embassy Suites (and about a 4 block walk from the Hilton), one on Las Olas near the beach, and a few others around town.

I hope that helps!

Another thing to consider that is both a pro and a con:  Hilton Marina also offers a beach shuttle (pro) included in the Daily Resort Fee of $30 per room/per night (con):

Daily Resort Charge will be added to the room rate and includes: Guest internet access; beach transportation; beach towel usage; Galleria coupon booklet; $20 food & beverage credit; two bottled waters daily.  https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/fllgrhh-hilton-fort-lauderdale-marina/