Princess Still Offering Free Testing

Keata

10 hours ago, broberts said:

t occurs to me that needing a test to debark in Canada is not a big deal as the test would be required by US residents to fly home in any case.

Yes, some like to vilify Canadian authorities while totalling ignoring US restrictions.

• Like 2

Do you think we can use the BTNX rapid antigen tests distributed for free in Canada can also be used in a health professional proctored test to fly INTO the US for a cruise?

34 minutes ago, Arya3 said:

Do you think we can use the BTNX rapid antigen tests distributed for free in Canada can also be used in a health professional proctored test to fly INTO the US for a cruise?

I can't recall the thread, but this has been suggested elsewhere in the Canada section. There is even a link or two to companies that will proctor the test administration.

I don't recall any first hand reports of it being done. 

53 minutes ago, Arya3 said:

You can use this to fly into USA 

https://www.medionerx.com/virtualcare/

however, it’s not approved by FDA ??

Princess:-

• The test must be a SARS-CoV-2 viral test (nucleic acid amplification test [NAAT] or antigen test) with Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Please note, antigen tests are accepted for fully vaccinated guests, but not for unvaccinated guests.
  • The testing procedure must include a telehealth service affiliated with the manufacturer of the test that provides real-time supervision remotely through an audio and video connection. Some FDA-authorized self-tests that include a telehealth service may require a prescription.
  • The telehealth provider must confirm the person’s identity, observe the specimen collection and testing procedures, confirm the test result, and issue a report that meets the requirements of acceptable proof of a negative COVID-19 test.
Edited by DHP1

Thanks for answering. I checked the FDA list and didn’t see the BTNX listed for cruising in the US, so won’t chance using it.  We will just go to Shoppers Drug Mart for our antigen test. Things are evolving so quickly maybe testing won’t be required by the time we cruise in April!

On 3/9/2022 at 2:24 PM, Arya3 said:

It's permissible under the CDC rules for flying into the US - the two conditions they set for Telehealth are that the test must be approved for emergency use by the FDA or the equivalent authority in the country where the test was administered (so Health Canada checks the box) and it must be observed by a Telehealth service that is affiliated with the manufacturer of the test (Azova is affiliated with BTNX so if they proctor it for you that checks the second box). 

The issue with using for cruising is that many of the lines don't have the "or equivalent authority in the country where the test was administered" language in their criteria, which would make the test ineligible.

Though in reality I don't think the cruise line would turn you away, but I know people don't want to risk their vacations on the off chance someone actually strictly enforces the rule. 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2022 at 3:22 AM, Keata said:

The Ontario Government's free rapid response antigen test which are available at grocery stores and pharmacies are approved tests to re-enter Canada. I have 2 boxes of 5 that I will be taking with me; if the port runs out they can have the rest of mine after they test hubby and I  🙂  The kits can also be used by MedioneRx for their zoom proctored tests.

On 3/2/2022 at 8:24 PM, broberts said:

t occurs to me that needing a test to debark in Canada is not a big deal as the test would be required by US residents to fly home in any case.

Which kit do you have and have you cruised yet? I am in BC and we were recently given tests for home use, but it looks like we can also use them for a proctored test online to travel. 

FE0B5316-155F-45E6-9633-C4589A73C39C.png

Edited by Happiest when cruising

8 minutes ago, Happiest when cruising said:

Which kit do you have and have you cruised yet? I am in BC and we were recently given tests for home use, but it looks like we can also use them for a proctored test online to travel. 

Still not traveling. My family situation doesn't allow for an extended absence, nor the chance of bringing home the virus.

My confusion arises because it states that the test must be administered " outside of Canada." If we are on a ship sailing the inside passage back to Vancouver do we meet that qualification? I have called Princess twice and got 2 different answers for a cruise in May, which could be a moot point by then. I hope.

12 hours ago, Happiest when cruising said:

Ontario has the Rapid Response from BTNX.The green box in the picture above. The proctored test  can be used to enter the US and back into Canada however using it for a cruise is not possible as it is not on the FDA approved list.   This has been confirmed to me both by Air Canada as well as 2 of the companies who proctor the BTNX test.

17 hours ago, Keata said:

Ontario has the Rapid Response from BTNX.The green box in the picture above. The proctored test  can be used to enter the US and back into Canada however using it for a cruise is not possible as it is not on the FDA approved list.   This has been confirmed to me both by Air Canada as well as 2 of the companies who proctor the BTNX test.

Thanks for that information. I guess I didn’t think that there would be a difference to what was needed to get on the cruise. Since we can’t order the ones on the Princess site, any other ideas for what would work? 

3 hours ago, Keata said:

@Happiest when cruisingI have an appointment at Rexall; still trying for Costco but they haven't open up appointments for my dates yet.  

3 hours ago, Keata said:

@Happiest when cruisingI have an appointment at Rexall; still trying for Costco but they haven't open up appointments for my dates yet.  

Thanks, here in BC, neither of those 2 places do testing. Only select Provinces their sites say. I’ll keep at it, but now I am truly worried. 18 days away…

9 minutes ago, Happiest when cruising said:

Thanks, here in BC, neither of those 2 places do testing. Only select Provinces their sites say. I’ll keep at it, but now I am truly worried. 18 days away…

Go to YVR for testing prior to embarkment. Thread on this is enclosed. For disembark, the cruise line will test you (?) 

Edited by DHP1