Nassau Beach Break and Sightseeing Shore Excursion

Has anyone been on this excursion? I am just trying to figure out the beach and the beach club they are referring to...

Nassau Beach Break and Sightseeing Shore Excursion

Overview

Paradise awaits you on the western side of the island, where you can spend your free time soaking up the sun and sea, and then indulging in a tasty island feast.

Highlights

• Experience a scenic sightseeing drive to the western section of the island to unique beaches that only the locals know about, like Bahamar and Cable Beach.
  • Enjoy the beach and the beach club as you wish – sunbathe on a beach chair or take it easy under a beach umbrella, dip into the turquoise waters, and feel the soft sand on your toes.
  • Relax and enjoy the scenic sightseeing drive back to your ship.
  • Take some time out from the beach to indulge in a classic island-style lunch.

I chose to buy the $59 day pass on resportpass for Margaritaville Beach Resort. Has beach, water park, pools, hot tub, towel service. No food/beverage included but verified with resort that I could leave to walk to the fish fry for lunch and come back. Or can purchase $$ food/drink there. Bunch of reviews on resportpass.

Could be Westwind II which is near Cable beach.    There is a Sandals in that general area but not sure they allow tour groups into their resorts.   

Never tried this excursion.   You can do an easy walk to Junkanoo beach from the cruise terminal.   There are a couple of huts that serve food and drink and rent a lounger/umbrella very reasonable.     Walk or take the Jitney No. 10 to the Fish Fry - lots of great food places to try there.     

Or here is something I recently found online and probably will be doing on my next trip to Nassau end of March.   Clifton Heritage National Park

https://www.bahamas.com/plan-your-trip/things-to-do/clifton-heritage-national-park

Snorkeling looks like a lot of fun here with underwater statues, sunken plane from James Bond movie and Jaws beach has sunken boat from the movie. 

They offer a package deal of $88 pp that includes round trip transportation and can arrange to pick you up at the British Colonial Hilton Nassau - 5 or 10 minute walk from cruise terminal, includes a walking tour, snorkel tour, lunch which I am told is usually a grilled fish or grilled chicken selection, access to the beaches with loungers and facilities to change clothes.     

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Could be Westwind II which is near Cable beach.    There is a Sandals in that general area but not sure they allow tour groups into their resorts.   

Never tried this excursion.   You can do an easy walk to Junkanoo beach from the cruise terminal.   There are a couple of huts that serve food and drink and rent a lounger/umbrella very reasonable.     Walk or take the Jitney No. 10 to the Fish Fry - lots of great food places to try there.     

Or here is something I recently found online and probably will be doing on my next trip to Nassau end of March.   Clifton Heritage National Park

https://www.bahamas.com/plan-your-trip/things-to-do/clifton-heritage-national-park

Snorkeling looks like a lot of fun here with underwater statues, sunken plane from James Bond movie and Jaws beach has sunken boat from the movie. 

They offer a package deal of $88 pp that includes round trip transportation and can arrange to pick you up at the British Colonial Hilton Nassau - 5 or 10 minute walk from cruise terminal, includes a walking tour, snorkel tour, lunch which I am told is usually a grilled fish or grilled chicken selection, access to the beaches with loungers and facilities to change clothes.     

Great Info - Thank You 🙂 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, twins_to_alaska said:

I chose to buy the $59 day pass on resportpass for Margaritaville Beach Resort. Has beach, water park, pools, hot tub, towel service. No food/beverage included but verified with resort that I could leave to walk to the fish fry for lunch and come back. Or can purchase $$ food/drink there. Bunch of reviews on resportpass.

Is this booked directly through Margaritaville or through a second party with resortpass.com?

• 3 months later...

Do NOT take this excursion!  We went in December 2021. Based on the description I thought we would go to Cable or Bahamar Beach, but no. They take you to the Poop Deck at Sandyport. Small beach with chairs inches from each other (that you cannot move) with tiny umbrellas.  You can choose chicken fingers or a fish wrap only to eat with a small plastic cup of water or punch.  Food was good but you are right on top of everyone else in your chair trying to eat with nowhere to set anything (there are no tables).  Definitely better off finding your own beach excursion.