Spring Break! Kids, Kovid, Khaos

Does anyone wake up on testing day and get a bit of angst? We are all living normal lives with my daughter in school unmasked and me traveling for work every two weeks. However …. Drum roll … all negative. This was the first time that I had one testing reconnect three times. Thank goodness there were no questions around the validity of the test as the reconnect was at the very beginning, mid-testing and after the 15 min wait. We have all the tests on NAVICA and I printed as well. 

Mom and dad were packed already. I packed for myself and daughter mid morning, working off my list. 

We took the dogs to the kennel. One was happy to see anyone and the other … she was so sad. I just wanted to hold her. The kennel is amazing and the have a large room with cot and TV and get personal walk three times a day so they are fine.

Mom and dad wanted new shoes for walking in port and for the pool deck. We were then off for dinner and hotel. The hotel is at the airport and while we could drive in (only 30 min away), this reduces stress. And … you can park the car for no extra cost. The flight is at 5:30 am. 

We have a 3 hour layover in Atlanta. That is by design in case we are delayed on this side …. I looked at flights to see if we can standby. All flights in all classes Atlanta - Fort Lauderdale are sold out. It’s ok. We will wait no join a million others in the lounge. We heard it may be rain and wind; here is to hoping the pool is still nice and warm! 

Safe travels to all the folks traveling tomorrow! 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, sandebeach said:

Safe travels to you! 

Thanks! The flight to Atlanta was bumpy to put it mildly. I’ve only had that kind of elevator ride a few times. I am sure the ride to Fort Lauderdale will be the same. The girl sitting next to us puked in her little puke bag. My daughter said she thought she may puke watching her puke. She didn’t. She also didn’t flinch at the fact we were being thrown around like a rag doll. Lol 

A few more hours! 

So today was a bit of a mess. We got up at 3:30 and made the flight at 5:30. We flew to Atlanta. Super snotty flight till about 30 minutes till a landing. It was so windy from the tail end of the weather. We broke through the clouds and it was like rising in a bouncy house. The girl next to us puked in the little bag. Felt so bad for her cause she was just so scared. 

we got into Atlanta around 8:15am and got to the lounge. The next flight to Fort Lauderdale would not board till 11:30. We were then delayed to 2:07, 3:45 and 4:22…. Which third time is a charm. 

The luggage claim was a zoo! Four flights had coke in around the same time. Princes regal was telling people to leave luggage; it was go time. They were the only boat that waited. Looks like the line of thunderstorms across Florida just delayed all flights going south. So glad we had the day to spare. 

• Like 1

We are staying at the embassy suites 17th st. Normal double room. I have to say that the hotel is nice; the room is just ok. The internet only works in one room. Let’s see if I can find another hotel before we return… for what I am paying, this is ridiculous to have such wear and tear in the room.  

10 hours ago, SwissMiss USA said:

We will get up early and go to church. There is a little Catholic Church about a mile away that we enjoy. And then we will meet our genie at 11am. 

see you all then 

It is a little chilly this morning!

On 3/3/2022 at 7:37 AM, matj2000 said:

I believe someone just did a review from that ship.

But thanks anyway...

I am glad that we have more than one review of each ship.  Each one brings a different perspective and each person has a different experience.  since we have not sailed star class and have one upcoming in November I am  very interested in hearing your experiences and about the genie.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, SwissMiss USA said:

We will get up early and go to church. There is a little Catholic Church about a mile away that we enjoy. And then we will meet our genie at 11am. 

see you all then 

Can’t wait to hear all about everything.  

I’m curious about what, if any, special perks are provided for the flowrider (they used to provide Star class special access for the flowrider), rock wall, and skating?  I’m guessing you all will be asking.  

Have a great cruise!  

15 hours ago, SwissMiss USA said:

We are staying at the embassy suites 17th st. Normal double room. I have to say that the hotel is nice; the room is just ok. The internet only works in one room. Let’s see if I can find another hotel before we return… for what I am paying, this is ridiculous to have such wear and tear in the room.  

We have stayed there.  Agree with your assessment.  At least it is just one night.  

Ok so here we go. 

we went to church at 8:30-9:30. It is back behind the speedway that is next to the big draw bridge. Don’t know the name of street. It is about 1.3 miles from the hotel. So we decide to walk back. We also got up the speedway and had no rush. 

we get back to the hotel ans realize it is 10:27! And the lines to the elevators were long. So we all said “Covid protocol, it was nice knowing you” and just squeezed as tight we could. We live to tell …. Lol 

we packed up the few things really quick, ordered an Uber walked to the back side of the hotel where the elevators were in less demand. 

we arrived at the pier at 10:55. There were no huge lines or anything. Our bags were put in a cart and no, unlike in the past, they did not travel with us. They were delivered about an hour later. 

a super nice lady met us, wanted us to come inside quickly and checked our Covid tests. We used the same security as everyone else and that only matters because they got us through so quick I couldn’t even get my paperwork back in my bag and yet other folks were telling us to hurry. We got through and they took pictures. What I thought was interesting was that all passports were checked via the kind lady except mine. I had to have the next person at the desk (and yes we skipped all kinds) swipe mine. I think it is because I have a super new passport and the picture page is laminate. I also had a hard time scanning it in on the app and typed it in. Or maybe it was just that one person has to be checked in at the desk. IDK 

we went to the suite lounge at 11:02. Yes, I looked because I heard the loud speaker that suites would now board. Now, supposedly 11am is earliest and yet it appears she took a family prior to us. Fine for us. Maybe they are high touch. We boarded at 11:10. 

Our room was ready. I walked in and that view!! Take it in. We did muster and went to F2 station and then coastal kitchen. 

Romina has made a great impression. Interestingly enough we did not have the correct color card. She said we get new ones and she just delivered them. It doesn’t matter to us, but we went to Starbucks for a dragonfruit refresher and the gentleman was trying to call her to rectify it. No, no…. We can wait. So I wrote her (they use what’s app) and we have them in hand. 

i got a drink at vintages. Yes they swiped the card; no receipt/request to sign. I won’t lie …. I like it better that way. 

• Like 1

I am thinking about the 3 package. I haven’t had a massage in forever. After lunch I did a Peleton 60 minute walk run. I’m out of shape. However, I keep going one foot in front of the other. And this is vacation. There is a part of me that says, girl you deserve this. 

I don’t know if I mentioned and too lazy to scroll… when we come back to Kansas, my daughter’s dad is visiting from Switzerland 🇨🇭 over Easter, she finishes school, and we are moving to Chattanooga for my new position. I’ve been commuting back and forth two weeks on and off since January. 

2CE97FAA-A3B9-4874-AEF9-5E5189018253.jpeg

38E9CF6C-B305-4518-B355-B56652704156.jpeg

4DB13DF1-FBFC-4625-A9BA-EA0BFDD24E1C.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topnole said:

Can’t wait to hear all about everything.  

I’m curious about what, if any, special perks are provided for the flowrider (they used to provide Star class special access for the flowrider), rock wall, and skating?  I’m guessing you all will be asking.  

Have a great cruise!  

4 minutes ago, SwissMiss USA said:

I will ask @topnole about the amenities. Here is a pic from 3pm 

D3EFEDA4-5260-4DDF-859A-978C5660B124.jpeg

Tnx.  Looks like a good crowd at the flowrider for day one.  Definitely use any priority the genie can give you because sometimes those waits can be big.   I know my daughter is going to love the rock climbing.  We have the 2br aqua suite so I’ll get some great video of that from our balcony.  I’m hoping our genie can get priority for my kids for skating.  

Look forward to hearing about the trip and the star class experience.  

25 minutes ago, SwissMiss USA said:

I only drink wine and bubbly …. No idea if you can purchase to consume in the room or this is for after the cruise. I saw prior discussions and so posting for those who may have inquiring minds. 

D1419C8B-B53A-4C15-8C3B-550BA5E574ED.jpeg

Ask the genie about wine and bubbly in the room.  I know they will bring beer daily (included).  I thought I remember having wine and champagne available in the room (included) last time we were Star class, but others on CC seem to suggest any wine sent to the room is extra $.  Kind of dumb if you order something that is included in the drink package.  May want to ask the genie what he/she can have delivered to the room that falls under the included list.  Either way, for you the SL bar is just a short walk if you have the urge to enjoy a glass or two.  

2 hours ago, cindyscruise said:

I am glad that we have more than one review of each ship.  Each one brings a different perspective and each person has a different experience.  since we have not sailed star class and have one upcoming in November I am  very interested in hearing your experiences and about the genie.

don't feed the troll.  He loves it.  

It is 6:03pm and the lounge is full; 2 seats in a 4-seat configuration are open. I literally tried to share a chair with my daughter and it was a fail. Maybe two little kids but mom and dad are now belly up to the bar. Bar is empty. The ship is really rock abs rolling. These 3” heels are making me stop once in a while! Lol 😂 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, topnole said:

Ask the genie about wine and bubbly in the room.  I know they will bring beer daily (included).  I thought I remember having wine and champagne available in the room (included) last time we were Star class, but others on CC seem to suggest any wine sent to the room is extra $.  Kind of dumb if you order something that is included in the drink package.  May want to ask the genie what he/she can have delivered to the room that falls under the included list.  Either way, for you the SL bar is just a short walk if you have the urge to enjoy a glass or two.  

Well, I know the answer from a prior cruise. We have Moet free for first day. But last time we had a party after the chefs table and ordered up 4 bottles. I got a discount but it cost. We get beer, juice, pop and water daily. Totally agree that the lounge is awesome for bubbly and if I want a higher end wine, go down to Vintages. 

we are about to hit up chops. We want a tower. Let you all know if we succeed. 

• Like 1