Independent cruise excursions in Italy

Lane412000

I booked a private excursion from Livorno to Cinque Terre for April 2022.  The tour operator sent me an email:

I would need for you to confirm with the cruise line that you are permitted to do an independent shore excursion in Italy. As of now, a Covid restriction still in place states that all excursions must be done with the cruise line itself.

Is anyone aware if we are not allowed to take non-Oceania provided tours while in Italy?

The March 7 information we received from Oceania for the Euro Crossing in late March:  This information is also available on the website at the links at the top of the main O page (updated periodically).

ITALY
Testing Required: No

Entry Restrictions:
· All guests must complete a PLF prior to arrival.
· Guests may tour independently or via cruise line shore excursions.
· Guests must carry proof of vaccination when going ashore.

I suggest visiting the following website for Italy — https://www.esteri.it/en/ ... the rules changed on 1 March and may well change again before you get there.  O will provide detailed information closer to your departure with the recommendation that you check again 5 days prior to departure.

I tend to organize private tours where advance payment is not required and the cancelation policy is liberal 24-72 hours.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, zeldaone said:

I am new to cruise critic. I would like to do private tours for our group. (Europe) Looking for suggestions.

Thank you

If you have a booked cruise, you should check your Roll Call for that cruise to connect to others one it.

3 hours ago, Lane412000 said:

I booked a private excursion from Livorno to Cinque Terre for April 2022.  The tour operator sent me an email:

I would need for you to confirm with the cruise line that you are permitted to do an independent shore excursion in Italy. As of now, a Covid restriction still in place states that all excursions must be done with the cruise line itself.

Is anyone aware if we are not allowed to take non-Oceania provided tours while in Italy?

1 hour ago, 2552phxcrzr said:

The March 7 information we received from Oceania for the Euro Crossing in late March:  This information is also available on the website at the links at the top of the main O page (updated periodically).

ITALY
Testing Required: No

Entry Restrictions:
· All guests must complete a PLF prior to arrival.
· Guests may tour independently or via cruise line shore excursions.
· Guests must carry proof of vaccination when going ashore.

I suggest visiting the following website for Italy — https://www.esteri.it/en/ ... the rules changed on 1 March and may well change again before you get there.  O will provide detailed information closer to your departure with the recommendation that you check again 5 days prior to departure.

I tend to organize private tours where advance payment is not required and the cancelation policy is liberal 24-72 hours.

On a different thread, I read that while Italy may not have restrictions on excursions, local ports may impose them.  I don't know which thread or whether the information is still true, so it would need to be verified.  That could explain the tour operator's  concern.

zeldaone,

There is a wonderful board on Cruise Critic.

Just scroll down the page and you will find Ports of Call. Click on Europe and find the ports of interest.

If you haven't joined your ROLL CALL do so as others may have additional suggestions for you.

Another resource is Trip Advisor.

Have a wonderful cruise.

All of this reminds me why we have decided not to cruise for quite a while ...

I do miss them though!  I will be very happy when Covid is NO longer a problem ... we are fully vaccinated but these testing requirement are enough to make us postpone any travels.

Mura