High tea @ sea

Bad1987

Any recent cruisers on Rotterdam...Wondering if they serve high tea anywhere other than the main dining room. Last time on Koningsdam they served in Banking other ships they have served in Ocean bar. Looking for recent info.

Thanks for your insight

In my experience (since 1977), HAL has never served 'high tea'. The closest to that would have been the Royal Dutch tea, but that hasn't been offered in ages. 
There is daily afternoon (low) tea served, with small sandwiches and pastries.

Better to set your expectations for what the activity really is. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bad1987 said:

Any recent cruisers on Rotterdam...Wondering if they serve high tea anywhere other than the main dining room. Last time on Koningsdam they served in Banking other ships they have served in Ocean bar. Looking for recent info.

Thanks for your insight

Only in MDR on Nieuw Amsterdam last week at 3:00 PM.

2 hours ago, RuthC said:

In my experience (since 1977), HAL has never served 'high tea'. The closest to that would have been the Royal Dutch tea, but that hasn't been offered in ages. 
There is daily afternoon (low) tea served, with small sandwiches and pastries.

Better to set your expectations for what the activity really is. 

This is the kind of experience that I have most recently had.  A nice selection of scones, small sandwiches, and pastries.  Tea is a selection from a box of tea bags.  (Good luck if you want the hot water/tea chest men to come by for another cup.)

The best tea (of that type) that I have experienced was the Royal Tea on the current Royal Princess.  Second best (of that type) was Tea in the Queen's Room on Queen Mary 2.  

Like Ruth, I really do miss the Royal Dutch Tea.  Nothing on the Seven Seas compared to that.  When the Indonesian Tea was offered, that was unique and I enjoyed it.  But, nothing like the Royal Dutch Tea.

• Like 2