Magic booking question

matymil

About to book a balcony on the Magic. All of the available coves are under galley. Last year we booked a room in 2469, towards the back of the ship and there was nonstop noise. We spoke to someone that worked there and he said "yeah...youve got one of the worst rooms in the ship for noise". Is there anywhere under the galley that arent as bad? TIA

I would suggest you pull up the deck pix and look at the space over the cove cabin numbers you are considering.  Under the galley is a tough call in addition to the low decks in back of ship tend to be nosier anyway with the mechanics of the ship (especially early morning docking). 

If you are set on a cove then hopefully the extra noise will not ruin your cruise as my guess is the nosiest cabins are what is left to book at this point.    

• Like 1

I would think anywhere under the galley is noisy. We are on the Magic on March 26 in a cove but luckily I got a cabin under the seating area near guest services. 
On our very first cruise, on the Glory we unknowingly booked under the galley and I heard what sounded like potatoes being dropped into a metal sink all night. I never made that mistake again. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Enggrl said:

I would think anywhere under the galley is noisy. We are on the Magic on March 26 in a cove but luckily I got a cabin under the seating area near guest services. 
On our very first cruise, on the Glory we unknowingly booked under the galley and I heard what sounded like potatoes being dropped into a metal sink all night. I never made that mistake again. 

I think we may have been under the dishwasher or something. I told the guy at guest services that it was so loud and it sounds like something may be broken in the ship lol

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Drazil65 said:

I would suggest you pull up the deck pix and look at the space over the cove cabin numbers you are considering.  Under the galley is a tough call in addition to the low decks in back of ship tend to be nosier anyway with the mechanics of the ship (especially early morning docking). 

If you are set on a cove then hopefully the extra noise will not ruin your cruise as my guess is the nosiest cabins are what is left to book at this point.    

Yeah was the problem last time. We booked the last cove they had. Wont make that mistake again.

If you book closer to mid ship you are under guest services, not the galley. We booked in the 2300's in April which is not under the galley. Do some checking and you should be fine. 

4 hours ago, JandPB said:

If you book closer to mid ship you are under guest services, not the galley. We booked in the 2300's in April which is not under the galley. Do some checking and you should be fine. 

we were on the magic last week and had 2252 cove. it is beside the elevators and stairs. it was very quite the whole cruise. if you can, pick a cove anywhere beside stairs or elevator. this was our 6th cove balcony. love them.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JandPB said:

All that's left is galley