Viking Cruise Cruise Credit

PlainvilleGirl

We have about $1100. cc from canceling cruise just as pandemic was starting.  My husband is unable to travel now. I read that cc is transferable.  What options do I have.  Can I sell it at a deep discount?  Where do I place such an offer?  Thank you for your assistance.  

4 hours ago, PlainvilleGirl said:

We have about $1100. cc from canceling cruise just as pandemic was starting.  My husband is unable to travel now. I read that cc is transferable.  What options do I have.  Can I sell it at a deep discount?  Where do I place such an offer?  Thank you for your assistance.  

If you are considering selling at a discount, I am interested.

6 hours ago, PlainvilleGirl said:

May I suggest prior to attempting to sell your FCV's you research some tips on effective negotiations, as your initial post will guarantee low ball offers.

Our early FCV's from Feb/March 2020 were not transferrable, so you may want to confirm with the terms and conditions that you can sell them.

The pandemic also started almost 2-years ago, so they may also be close to the expiry date. The early FCV's did provide a cash refund, if unused by the expery date, so that should also be checked.

• Like 3

IMHO, it is time to contact Viking directly.  Skip the call center; this is above their pay grade.  Send an email to tellus@vikingcruises.com. Explain your situation and tell them that you would like to talk to someone about your options.  Include your original booking number and a phone number. You aren't making a decision at this point; you are just asking V to lay out the options so that you can think about it.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peregrina651 said:

IMHO, it is time to contact Viking directly.  Skip the call center; this is above their pay grade.  Send an email to tellus@vikingcruises.com. Explain your situation and tell them that you would like to talk to someone about your options.  Include your original booking number and a phone number. You aren't making a decision at this point; you are just asking V to lay out the options so that you can think about it.  

Brilliant advice, hope you follow this before trying to sell.

There are at least 2 types of vouchers.  The early vouchers have a prefix PL, are called platinum, and can be redeemed for cash if you don’t use them by the expiration date.  (The cash value is reduced by whatever additional credit Viking added). Later vouchers have a prefix FCC and I don’t think they can be redeemed for cash.  Agree with previous recommendations to check with Viking 

My partner cannot travel any longer.  He requested that his voucher be transferred to me.

It was, just last week.   It has to be used (not booked) by the end of this year.

Different vouchers have difference expiration dates.

11 hours ago, travelbug11 said:

My partner cannot travel any longer.  He requested that his voucher be transferred to me.

It was, just last week.   It has to be used (not booked) by the end of this year.

Different vouchers have difference expiration dates.

Sorry to hear that you’ve lost your traveling companion.  Did the voucher that they transferred say it was transferable?  The ones we have (given after we missed so many ports in Iceland) specifically say they are not. DMIL has one but is getting to the point she can’t travel so would be great if she could transfer it. 

On 3/18/2022 at 7:47 AM, Clay Clayton said:

Sorry to hear that you’ve lost your traveling companion.  Did the voucher that they transferred say it was transferable?  The ones we have (given after we missed so many ports in Iceland) specifically say they are not. DMIL has one but is getting to the point she can’t travel so would be great if she could transfer it. 

His transfer was non transferrabal but he wrote a letter to them requesting the transfer. It had to be used by the end of this year, so I applied it to an already booked and paid cruise. It took a while going through different departments.

I had another voucher from missing several ports in South America which I had to book by Jan 2023 so now I have back to back.

• Thanks 1