Jump to content

How are the Swans doing 2022??


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, NoWhiners said:

Uh oh, they are closing in on us...

Final score -  Essendon 15.5.96  defeated Swans 12.14.86

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Shame, the goal inaccuracy really let them down in the end

As my dad always say 'bad kicking is bad football'. Bombers were just too good in the end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, possum52 said:

Final score -  Essendon 15.5.96  defeated Swans 12.14.86

 

Nice win by your Bombers, Leigh. Maybe the Swans will do better next time 😉

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just one of those days. Swans take their opportunities, we win by a solid 30 points. But missing a lot of gettable shots cost us big time, and Essendon grew in confidence and were able to snag a vital win.  Oh well.  Onto next week.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought I replied to this already but I didn't. Oops 😀 Glad the Swans won but it seems like their play has been deteriorating lately. Let's hope they play better this week.

 

Also wanted to congratulate all you Aussies for breaking the world record for dancing to Tina Turner's Nutbush City Limits--4000+. Good onya. I didn't even know this was a thing!

 

Go Swans!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Still, a record of any kind is good. I bet of couple of folks on this thread were there ☺️

Birdsville is a long way from everywhere and the races were postponed from when they were going to have them due to flooding so perhaps the crowd would have been even bigger.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for posting Mic. Nice win but the Swans seem to be slacking off on their scoring. I wish I could see them play and get a sense of how they are doing.

 

Last night at the very reasonable hour of 9:30 PM GWS Giants v. Lions was on.  But I've been watching The Open in the wee hours of the morning and fell asleep!

 

Go Swans!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Thanks for posting Mic. Nice win but the Swans seem to be slacking off on their scoring. I wish I could see them play and get a sense of how they are doing.

 

Last night at the very reasonable hour of 9:30 PM GWS Giants v. Lions was on.  But I've been watching The Open in the wee hours of the morning and fell asleep!

 

Go Swans!

That GWS game was played in Canberra, it wasn't a very nice day and GWS didn't play very well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

That GWS game was played in Canberra, it wasn't a very nice day and GWS didn't play very well.

 

I saw that--why? Do they just send some games up there so you guys can get out more?? 😁 I guess bad play should be expected when the weather is bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Nice win but the Swans seem to be slacking off on their scoring. I wish I could see them play and get a sense of how they are doing.

 

Very impressive win and superb coaching.

The Dockers burst out of the blocks and kicked the first three goals, but the Swans regained some control after that and in fact probably were the better team in the last 3 quarters.  It was some sloppy goalkicking that held us back and in fact I was pretty worried that we would pay for it like we did in the Essendon game.

The coaching staff had figured out the Dockers' zone defence and instructed the team to play a short chipping game. Just short little kicks to a free man and being patient and controlling the ball.  Very reminiscent of the powerful Collingwood team of 2010/11, you just couldn't get it back off them with their patience.

Of course the crowd didn't like that, but I was astounded that Fremantle didn't adapt at all over 3 quarters.  Baffling.

Super important win in the context of the season, and we've now beaten 3 of the top 4 teams. Now if we can figure out how to beat a bottom 4 team.......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, losfp said:

 

Very impressive win and superb coaching.

The Dockers burst out of the blocks and kicked the first three goals, but the Swans regained some control after that and in fact probably were the better team in the last 3 quarters.  It was some sloppy goalkicking that held us back and in fact I was pretty worried that we would pay for it like we did in the Essendon game.

The coaching staff had figured out the Dockers' zone defence and instructed the team to play a short chipping game. Just short little kicks to a free man and being patient and controlling the ball.  Very reminiscent of the powerful Collingwood team of 2010/11, you just couldn't get it back off them with their patience.

Of course the crowd didn't like that, but I was astounded that Fremantle didn't adapt at all over 3 quarters.  Baffling.

Super important win in the context of the season, and we've now beaten 3 of the top 4 teams. Now if we can figure out how to beat a bottom 4 team.......

 

Thanks for that summary, I felt like I was there 😄 Agree about finding a way to beat the bottom teams. I guess they just relax a little too much. Season is shaping up better than I expected. I'm a little surprised to see Brisbane in the bottom 4. I thought they were among the favorites this season?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

 

I saw that--why? Do they just send some games up there so you guys can get out more?? 😁 I guess bad play should be expected when the weather is bad.

Canberra (ACT GOV) is a major sponsor so they have to play a few games each season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...