Spa on Scarlet lady, prices?

kidsnurse

@kidsnurse

They are available in the app as you get closer to sailing - I don't have my phone in front of me but I recall something like $165 for a 50 minute massage.

Unless you have OBC you are looking to spend my personal recommend (having done spa treatments on other lines) is not to use it - I have a subscription to Hand and Stone Massage (like Massage Envy) at it's $70/month for a 50 minute massage.

So for the price on the ship you can probably get 2 or more locally depending on where you go.

I sailed in December and had both a Massage and Acupuncture Sessions. The prices are comparable to other Lines but you do need to understand that there will not be any gratuity added in.

I tried to tip after my massage and she told me they are not allowed to take any form of gratuity, cash or room charge.

Taking that into account, the prices are less than other lines.

I understand that you can get a much better "deal" on land but I feel it is all part of the experience and I always put it into my budget. Different strokes....

I did tip my Roadie and Room Stewards and Servers around the ship. They all were grateful and took it without question.

I also was told No Thank You when I tried to tip after my manicure. Maybe the Salon and Spa employees are not direct VV hires so they are following different rules.

I am sorry if this has moved into a Gratuity conversation!

• 1 year later...
28 minutes ago, nimbex1970 said:

can I use the spa, without booking services for free?

no - $39 port days/$59 sea days for a 3-hour thermal suite pass for everyone, unless you're a mega rockstar, have splash of romance package, or book one of the big spa packages that gives you access.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

I assume you can use Sailor's Loot to pay?

yup, you can use sailor loot to pay for anything onboard - spa, shopping, tattoos, gambling, whatever.  bar tab is the limited-use pool of credit, which can only be used for drinks at bars/restaurants.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, _tacocat_ said:

yup, you can use sailor loot to pay for anything onboard - spa, shopping, tattoos, gambling, whatever.  bar tab is the limited-use pool of credit, which can only be used for drinks at bars/restaurants.

Thank you.  I just decided to book a Christmas cruise on VV because the Royal cruise I had booked is likely to be overrun by kids.  

• Like 2

I just got 350 , 300 in beverages, 50 for loot, for signing up on their sail special, this cruise keeps getting cheaper!  I am so pleased I am trying this line. Plus I found a 10% pay-it-all-at-once and a 10% Florida discount rate, I am a happy cruiser. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nimbex1970 said:

can I use the spa, without booking services for free?

If you mean the thermal suite when you say "spa," no.  Those costs seem to vary--$39 on port days , $59 on sea days for a "session" of 3-4 hours.  The longer times are the ones that cross into dinner hours.

As to costs...in our experience it was identical to Princess, but Princess adds 18% automatic gratuity in addition to any tip you add, while on VV, the price posted is the price you pay, no additional gratuities accepted.  A facial is $199 (and lasted longer than on Princess.  minimum savings $36).  A female haircut/stying was $99.\

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, moomoocow said:

Anyone got a recent price list for manicures and pedicures please? Wondering if I should get my nails did on the first morning in Bimini (Sunday) or at home before I fly out (Wednesday) 

there are a couple services that are not listed - pretty much an express mani/express pedi.  i want to say it was like $45 and $55 but can't recall 100%.  then there are 2 versions each of manis and pedis that are i believe $89 and $99 for the pedicure (not sure about manicure).  i sprung for the top pedicure last time.  it was awesome, but i'd say unless you have a ton of loot to burn, it's better to just get them done at home.  the time to get them done eats into your limited time on the ship/in port!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, _tacocat_ said:

there are a couple services that are not listed - pretty much an express mani/express pedi.  i want to say it was like $45 and $55 but can't recall 100%.  then there are 2 versions each of manis and pedis that are i believe $89 and $99 for the pedicure (not sure about manicure).  i sprung for the top pedicure last time.  it was awesome, but i'd say unless you have a ton of loot to burn, it's better to just get them done at home.  the time to get them done eats into your limited time on the ship/in port!

Agree, I can get these done at home for less than half the cost, so unless you have loot to burn, I'd do it at home.

There are all sorts of specials available.  For instance, my TA recently sailed on VV and purchased the max of 8 future bookings that any individual is permitted.  So, for as long as those last, she can sell them to people making new bookings.  In addition, she recently hosted an on line event with a VV staff member, so anyone who books with her in a given time period can get $50-$100 in loot due to her hosting the event.  This is on top of any specials VV is offering, which until Mar. 31 is $300/$600 free bar tab depending on the length of the cruise.

No, the purchase $300 bar tab, get $50 bonus is a different thing....right now, for cruises booked by 3/31 and sailed in 2023, you get a totally free bar tab.  Again, there are additional benefits to booking thru a TA or booking on board.  You also get 10% off the cruise fare for paying off the cruise in full more than 6 months in advance, and an additional 10% off cruise fare if you are a FL resident.  A good TA will make sure you don't miss any discounts!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, basenji56 said:

Thank you.  I just decided to book a Christmas cruise on VV because the Royal cruise I had booked is likely to be overrun by kids.  

11 hours ago, singleflyer said:

Can you explain?  Is this the Purchase $300 bar tab, get $50 bar tab on us?

Yes, this was a new booking that ends 03/31.  I'm sure there will be added specials as we go, might be more in loot, but it was 300 for bar tab, 50 for obc