royal suite on freedom/independence etc: noise from public deck above? also general impressions of cabin

for instance on indy it appears chops and maybe a hall are directly above the royal suite and fish and chips may be above the bedroom. so that worries me a bit.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/independence-of-the-seas/deck-plans/2072/11

so i was researching and there's not a lot of info about the royal suites on the forum. probably because there's only one per ship.  i realize the lack of perks compared to star class. not an issue for me. i value cabin space and balcony room and that balcony checks all the boxes with the 4 top table and room for the full loungers. hot tub is just a bonus. and of course the cabin space would be delightful. I'm also assuming indy/liberty/freedom basically have the same cabin/balcony and i did notice one of the smaller ships has a smaller balcony with the same cabin.   but i havent researched every ship to see who has this cabin so if you know more info let me know. 

my preferred port is NY/NJ but i see the cruises from there are much much more expensive than leaving from FL/TX. plus id get to try new ports leaving from the other states.

any and all pluses and minuses and experiences and advice about the cabin appreciated. the only royal ship i've been on is oasis and the smaller ships look like they were the basis for oasis class ships. ill be seeing some familiar sites there. based on prelim research im pretty sure ill pick indy/freedom/liberty because of the larger balcony

Mariner of the Seas has a Royal Suite.  We stayed in it last November.  It is a very large cabin—listed at 1260 sq Ft on some sites.  No hot tub.  Two full baths; one is huge.  Roomy bedroom with a walk through closet.   Living, dining, and bar area.

It was a fun splurge.

Just another one to consider…

Edited by TexasRon
Added info

I have been in the Royal Suite on both the IOS and the FOS.

I have never had any issue with noise in either.

When I was in the RS on FOS in November 2021, the only issue that I had was someone ringing the door bell at 1AM and then running away (although you can disable it if you want).

glad to hear no noise. and didnt know doorbells can be turned off. a great feature!  since there's no CK i think i read you get bfast in chops? also will they delivery any free restaurant's food to the cabin?

im new to this class of ships but did read she's just out of refurb last year so it sounds like a great time to try her for the 1st time. 

can i assume no issues with dining in MDR when i want since have a suite? 

Edited by luckyinpa