Is The Lloyds Pharmacy Lateral Flow Test Suitable For UK Sailings?

Tug10

I was just wondering if anyone has used the Lloyds Pharmacy lateral flow test for a UK sailing (they call it a Fit to Fly test suitable for travel). They offer a lateral flow that is done & supervised by a pharmacist (healthcare professional) and you are then given a certificate to prove a negative result all within about 15 minutes and I was wondering if this would be accepted by Princess? I know you can get a test done at the port for $60 but the Lloyds test is cheaper plus I would like the peace of mind that I have that negative result the day before sailing rather than get to the port and then find out I’ve tested positive and have to return home. 

Yes, you can!  Our cruise is embarking in Southampton, so we researched how to get tested other than at the pier.  We discovered that Lloyd’s and Boots both provide acceptable tests for boarding a Princess ship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

Yes, you can!  Our cruise is embarking in Southampton, so we researched how to get tested other than at the pier.  We discovered that Lloyd’s and Boots both provide acceptable tests for boarding a Princess ship.

That’s good to hear & thank you so much @Lady Arwen 😁

• Like 1

There are various reports regarding booking with Lloyds - although you can make a booking on line, apparently not all the pharmacies actually perform the test. Also, those that can are having issues sourcing the kits! It is advised to call the one you are interested in and check out if they can actually do it or not.

Boots offer the tests but only seem to have bookings until the end of the month. Not sure if they only open up slots a few weeks at a time.

Also Dam Healthcare also offer testing on site and results in ~ 4 hours I believe.

Edited by downsmead
  • Like 1

On 3/24/2022 at 11:15 PM, downsmead said:

There are various reports regarding booking with Lloyds - although you can make a booking on line, apparently not all the pharmacies actually perform the test. Also, those that can are having issues sourcing the kits! It is advised to call the one you are interested in and check out if they can actually do it or not.

Boots offer the tests but only seem to have bookings until the end of the month. Not sure if they only open up slots a few weeks at a time.

Also Dam Healthcare also offer testing on site and results in ~ 4 hours I believe.

Thanks @downsmead for the info and heads up and I’ll contact my local Lloyds pharmacy to check if they do the tests and if they have some. I hope they do as it’s only about 2 miles away from where I live although I have some time to sort it as I don’t sail until June 😁

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jef407 said:

We  have used https://www.testingforall.org They send you the test, you do it, then  email them  a photo and you get a certificate back within an hour, lateral flow is £19

The test must be medically supervised, it doesn’t appear that the one you have mentioned is, and would therefore not be acceptable. 

you would need the £29 option.

Edited by Pink-belle

We did use the £19 test back in Nov for Sky Princess and it was accepted. To be honest the only asked to see if we had a certificate and checked the result and date of test. You correctly say you can have a "supervised" test for £29. The check in people were more interested in vaccine status.

I tested at Lloyds Pharmacy on Saturday for boarding the Sky Princess this morning.  As others have said do check by phone that your branch has the tests and the pharmacist.  It was easy and took 15 minutes in all.

• Like 2