NCL Escape, aft facing cabin , which deck is best

ronmar22

33 minutes ago, lak4 said:

Room 9920 is available for the cruise I am looking at, and the deck size  looks perfect, but the video above makes it look like the flag pole cuts into the view (making me think a higher level view would be better)

9320/9920 would be my top choices for deck 9. Yes, the view is better going higher than deck 9 but the balcony will be less deep if you go higher. The flag is there but I wouldn't consider it much of a problem if you are that far from the center. 

39 minutes ago, lak4 said:

Room 14302 and 14902 are available, as are rooms on deck 11.

Decks 14 and 11 are nearly identical as far as depth so both can fit a lounger....

NorBal143-32012-1676824054.webp

...(14304).

Just for clarity, there is some jumping around in this thread between Escape and Encore. That's why there are pictures/videos of both ships. The stateroom numbers can be slightly different. There are also slight differences with the 2 ships but most of the information carries over. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, lak4 said:

@Two Wheels Only -- Thank you so much! I really appreciate your responses! 

@Two Wheels Onlyis the Guru of cabin setup and balcony sizes on NCL.
That is not a joke!
 Since we joined Cruise Critic in 2019, I search for his posts about cabins  on every NCL ship we sail if I have a question about a cabin we’re considering 
Balcony  depth?   He’s your man!
Like the bed closer to the balcony?   Two wheels has you covered!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mktmzm said:

@Two Wheels Only -Have booked 13906 on the Encore. Should we have booked the corner aft cabins on 10? Both are available. 

The balcony on deck 10 (10314/10914) is larger than the balcony on deck 13 (13306/13906). The staterooms are the same size and are configured the same. The only differences are that port and starboard are mirror images of each other. 

^^ 13306

^^ 10914 (on Escape...same size as Encore)

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
On 3/27/2022 at 5:55 PM, Two Wheels Only said:

The size order for depth is 9, 12, 15, 14, 11, 10, 13 from deepest to least deep.

There are also differences in balcony width as well as differences in bed location (near balcony vs. near closet) for the stateroom. 

For a good combination of view, balcony depth, and avoiding noise from Spice H2O, I recommend deck 12. From there, decide on bed location. My preference is bed near balcony but some prefer the opposite. My first choices on deck 12 are 12308/12908. 

@Two Wheels Only - I realize this is an older post, but I was wondering if you had any noise issues from Spice, being on Deck 12? That's my first deck choice, but I was thinking of dropping down to Deck 10 because of potential noise. We do tend to go to sleep on the earlier side. Thank you! 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

@Two Wheels Only - I realize this is an older post, but I was wondering if you had any noise issues from Spice, being on Deck 12? That's my first deck choice, but I was thinking of dropping down to Deck 10 because of potential noise. We do tend to go to sleep on the earlier side. Thank you! 

With the balcony door closed and sealed, noise from Spice H2O isn't a problem. If you try to hear something, you can but any sound/bass that you hear won't be any more disruptive than the other sounds that you hear on a moving ship.

Going down to deck 10 would also put you closer to the sound caused by the ship's propellers. With the door sealed, it isn't an issue and some people enjoy the sound but going down to deck 10 won't be silent, either.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

24 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

With the balcony door closed and sealed, noise from Spice H2O isn't a problem. If you try to hear something, you can but any sound/bass that you hear won't be any more disruptive than the other sounds that you hear on a moving ship.

Going down to deck 10 would also put you closer to the sound caused by the ship's propellers. With the door sealed, it isn't an issue and some people enjoy the sound but going down to deck 10 won't be silent, either.

Thank you very much!