Sky princess 28 March live

db51

2 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I take it you didn’t find the street escalators? . They are brand new and were not there the last time we visited Vigo. What a God send, cut out a lot of the heavy climbing. They are like the walking pavements you get at airports.

They are on the road up to El Cortes Inglis (the one with the fishermen pulling in the nets - silver statue). They go the whole way up the hill with seats at the side as well for a stop off in the way back down.

You must be shattered if your climbed the whole way.

No we didn’t but next time we will know better; 

14 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

i remember trays in the buffet but it was before i was sailing princess. so maybe carnival, ncl, or celebrity?

Yes I can verify Carnival used to have them at one time, we missed them when they took them away. 😅

Oops - warning from our very serious captain that the Bay of Biscay is going to be bad. We are meant to have a spa day tomorrow so I wonder if it will happen?

20 minutes ago, db51 said:

Oops - warning from our very serious captain that the Bay of Biscay is going to be bad. We are meant to have a spa day tomorrow so I wonder if it will happen?

Yes, a bit concerning when he tells you to move heavy things down in your cabin.

break out the sea sickness tablets.

Question please

I see that Sky Princess has a 24 hour available Internet cafe. 

Is this free to use? 

Or an hourly cost? 

Or do you have to purchase the full "WiFi package at $9.99 pay day for the full cruse? 

We cruse on SP in June

Ta

1 hour ago, db51 said:

IIRC he said 6m seas that's not that bad enough move the ship but not close the bars.

We passed today in vigo bit cold.

1 hour ago, db51 said:

I’m dreading the B o B, we’re on next, I am well stocked up on the travel sick tablets I had bad experience on P &O Ventura 12 years ago going through B o B 🙈 hope these winds die down!

hope it’s not too rough for you all.

• Thanks 1

Doesn’t feel too bad - I think the ship has pretty good stabilisers. We did get awakened at 6.30 with an announcement of a medical emergency in one cabin ( not any of ours) which was rather odd. 
Summary of cruise;

Cabins: R731- amazing balcony, nice room, fantastic shower but long walks to the centre of ship and (if you don’t use the lifts) downstairs to restaurants, International Cafe and theatre, and also to get off the ship. Good for the gym, lido deck and buffet and for the concierge lounge which is just along the corridor on the same level where you can pick up nice coffee, sandwiches, cakes and nuts along with alcohol from 5-7. I would book it again. R433 is a nice club class mini suite, good angled balcony and at centre of ship so good to get downstairs. Again I would book it again. E509 is obstructed by a life boat, quite central and close to amenities but we wouldn’t book it again because the lifeboat was a bit claustrophobic.

Food: ok but not brilliant. Too much sweet stuff was just creamy sponge. Vegetables tasted a bit ‘cooked from frozen’ rather than fresh. Fruit plate from room service was excellent, as was Crown Grill and Lobster Thermidor on formal night ( club menu) DH, girls and brother both liked the buffet and felt it had a good variety. Alfredo’s was superb. 

Staff: amazing -all went above and beyond to make us happy. Special thanks to Gianluca for complimentary passes and allowing the girls in the concierge lounge when it was quiet. 

Entertainment: worst I have ever known on a cruise ship - liked the ventriloquist and 5 skies but the rest was poor. The lady comedian was especially bad - my brother took a photo of the audience near him- I won’t post it but most of them were asleep!

Princess shore excursions were excellent - we did 3- maybe a bit pricey but very well organised and entertaining.

Swimming pools, hot tubs and basketball court excellent - loved them being open so late.

Internet: best I have known on a cruise ship . Not perfect but didn’t expect it to be.

Medallion app: wonderful - we loved the shipmates locator app; we could stalk each other beautifully - it saved all the wandering round the ship looking for each other which we usually do. Room service was good, especially in suite since you could order from the MDR room - although they always warned us it would take a while and be cold but generally it was quick and warm! In room movies were good- the girls watched a lot. We enjoyed the port talks by Deborah- they were very informative and unbiased. 

The gym was brilliant, well equipped and fairly empty most of the time.

The piazza looked nice but I spent zero time there since no one was masked ( sip and cover) and it was always crowded. 
We loved the ship’ s horn and the ship itself was beautiful. 
I would book Princess again(it was our first time with them) and would happily have stayed on board for longer but would have liked better entertainment. 
We had a fantastic cruise, despite the bad embarkation and bad weather on last day.

• Like 4

Had to chase internet refund 3 times twice today, finally 9pm they have done $60 each which we are ok with. Should be refundable

Tried to fob us of with the  it was complementary BS when it was part of a £30pppd bundle.

Too late to spend it, booze shop was shutting.

Be interesting  how long the residual takes to turn up on the CC, hopefully before the next cruise.

We have had one of those aft corner suites balconies become unusable when it's hot the white wall turns it into a furnace.