One Person, Two Cabins

luv2sweat

I know this in an odd question but, can one person be listed on two cabins? I am in a suite and my traveling buddy cancelled at the last minute.  I'm traveling with another friend who has her own balcony cabin.  We don't want to share a cabin.  Since I'm paying for two people, can she be listed on my booking?  This way she would be entitled to the suite perks since we'd be paying for them but still have a separate space to sleep.

I have tried to do this and have been told no.  I use a PVP that I think is great.  If you do somehow find a way to do this please post it.  I am with you, I think if you pay for 2 people in a full suite you should get perks for 2 people in the suite. As a solo fare you pay twice (sometimes less) of the base cruise fare but you don't pay twice the port fees, plus pkg etc. Since your travel partner cancelled, princess will adjust the fare by those fees that are not required.

So what I have asked my PVP is can I pay fully (taxes, plus the works) for 2 people but get an adjoining balcony room for 1.  He said one person can not be booked in two rooms. 

Other lines have multiple bedroom/bathroom suites.  Other than the sky suites princess doesn’t.  I wish they’d let us “build” it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

As a solo fare you pay twice (sometimes less) of the base cruise fare but you don't pay twice the port fees, plus pkg etc. Since your travel partner cancelled, princess will adjust the fare by those fees that are not required.

I actually wound up paying more when she cancelled.  The only thing they refund are the port fees and taxes.  Plus pkg does not get refunded because it's not an added package, it's built into the fare code.  I actually wound up having to pay when she cancelled.  I had to pay for the difference in insurance since she used her half so to speak.

Too bad Princess won't do what the airlines do.  You can't have two reservations in your name, it causes a system conflict.  So if you want to book two seats, the second is booked as EXTRASEAT,  Your Last Name.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EDDY0827 said:

Family suite? 2 cabins (1 mini suite and 1 interior cabin), both of you get suite benefits.

Check for availability, may be cost prohibitive.

One mini and an inside would leave us where we are now, 1 suite and 1 balcony.

I'll ask when we are on board.  We're primarily interested in the priority boarding but if I have to wait with her, no big deal, and Club Class Dining.  Again, I'd like to be able to use the dining, but if not it's not a huge issue.

• Like 1

It would be great if that were possible.  I oftentimes would book an extra seat on a plane just to have that middle seat from being occupied by a stranger.  Some airlines are great about it, even give you the option to book that extra seat right online, some make you call in to book the extra seat and others won’t allow you to book it at all.  I would fly more often if that were available, especially during the pandemic.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, luv2sweat said:

One mini and an inside would leave us where we are now, 1 suite and 1 balcony.

I'll ask when we are on board.  We're primarily interested in the priority boarding but if I have to wait with her, no big deal, and Club Class Dining.  Again, I'd like to be able to use the dining, but if not it's not a huge issue.

The family suite is actually a full suite with full suite benefits.  You’d still have to share a room but it’s more like two separate rooms in one.  The ones on the Grand class ships are bizarre, though.  They are all the way forward and don’t have the feel of being in a real suite … they are the equivalent size of a mini and an inside with two full baths and with some separation but are put together to make a family suite.  

Edited by Cruise Raider
  • Like 1