Looking for a transfer from MIA to Fort Lauderdale hotel

Shubopdiddy

I will be flying to MIA the day before my cruise and want to find a transfer to a hotel in Fort Lauderdale in preparation for the next day. Please let me know if you have found a shuttle service that can help me with this.  If so, please advise with suggestions.

We have used Uber (or Lyft) in the past on several occasions from the airport to a hotel, hotel to the port, port to the airport, and between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami airport, hotels, and port transfers. Dependable, reasonable, convenient, and private and our first choice with those connections.  A taxi would be similar but likely more expensive.

Shuttle service from MIA to a Ft. Lauderdale hotel location may be more difficult to find unless they are a service in connection with the hotel as that is about a 45 minute drive distance.  You would likely have to check with the hotel to see if they offer anything.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

There are a number of Van transport companies from Miami Cruiseport to Fort Lauderdale airport at low cost. Google them. It is than quite likely that your Hotel has a free shuttle service from the FLL airport. Pre-Covid, the fare was only $15.00/person. Possibly higher now !

10 minutes ago, EDLOS said:

There are a number of Van transport companies from Miami Cruiseport to Fort Lauderdale airport at low cost. Google them. It is than quite likely that your Hotel has a free shuttle service from the FLL airport. Pre-Covid, the fare was only $15.00/person. Possibly higher now !

Not challenging your suggestion other than it calls for two separate shuttles. Uber / Lyft is a direct, one trip option that is also reasonably priced.  And the OP is trying to get from the MIA airport to a FLL hotel - not coming from the port of Miami, although your suggestion would be the same.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

11 minutes ago, carsail1260 said:

You can take the train to FLL and get an airport shuttle to your hotel:

Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 13.13.32.png

Also, not sure of your budget, but Le Meridien Dania Beach is right across the highway from the train station. You can get a shuttle from them to the port.....at least before covid you could.(They are a Mariott hotel)

From MIA to hotel in Fort Lauderdale we have used Larry's Limos.  More expensive than Uber or Lynk, but after a transatlantic flight and negotiating Immigration at MIA, it is nice to relax in a clean, comfortable vehicle.

• Like 1

We use an individual - Phillip, 954-397-0102 (we used him on March 27th and April 2nd.  The cost was $80 for two people from Miami to Fort Lauderdale.  Has a 12 passenger van and SUV.  We have been in both.   I found him on one of the threads here in 2018.

On 4/5/2022 at 11:28 AM, leaveitallbehind said:

Not challenging your suggestion other than it calls for two separate shuttles. Uber / Lyft is a direct, one trip option that is also reasonably priced.  And the OP is trying to get from the MIA airport to a FLL hotel - not coming from the port of Miami, although your suggestion would be the same.

Stand corrected on cruiseport, thank you .  If money is a consideration, the double van shuttle  could be a viable option over Uber. 

3 minutes ago, EDLOS said:

Stand corrected on cruiseport, thank you .  If money is a consideration, the double van shuttle  could be a viable option over Uber. 

Again, whatever works for someone is what is best for them.  Uber has been pretty reasonable on our transfers between the ports, airports, and hotels between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale.  I like the convenience and individual direct service at my schedule with them.  If that comes at somewhat of a premium price, that's OK with me.  But again, whatever works....that's why there are options. 🙂