Miami Priceline help please

IrishRoamers

We want to stay in South Beach one night precruise (Mar 29). Looking at the three stars. To pick another location for a free rebid, we are looking at Miami Beach. Can anyone tell me how far each area is by taxi to the pier? Thanks, I don't see it listed on the Priceline map. Also, any other areas we should consider if we want to visit South Beach? Thanks. Anyone hitting with Priceline in these areas?

Appreciate any comments.

Focus in on a 4 star for South Beach. You may find recent prices at http://www.biddingfortravel.com

Then free re-bids will be any area that does not have a four star property. Once into the PL map of the Miami area, check off one zone at a time to see what star levels are offered. Do this on a trial run before your actual bid.

You are coming at a time of extremely high occupancy, so have a backup plan.

Tried again today. Bid $70 for 3*. Was asked to raise the bid $22 for an immediate rebid. Took the free rebid instead and bid $80 and got the Holiday-Inn South Beach. Not the newest hotel but great location. I tried to use it as my back up and called them yesterday and the best price they could give me (didn't take my hotel points) was $279!

Tried again today. Bid $70 for 3*. Was asked to raise the bid $22 for an immediate rebid. Took the free rebid instead and bid $80 and got the Holiday-Inn South Beach. Not the newest hotel but great location. I tried to use it as my back up and called them yesterday and the best price they could give me (didn't take my hotel points) was $279!

It is in a great location and it has some perks! Free beach chairs, free parking (the only place in South Beach) and it has an Outback Steakhouse on property.

The hotel may not be the newest or brightest but you will really enjoy the experience! Have a blast and you must walk down the street to the Delano for mojitos at the pool bar.

jsrcq:

Good job. That's an excellent price!

We ate at the Outback there this past summer and checked out the hotel area. You'll definately enjoy the area.

The Holiday in is on 21st and Collins and the Delano is between 16th & 17th and Collins Avenue. Four blocks tops; very short walk. While the lobby of the Delano is spectacular (and a sure fire for celeb watching) the pool bar is the best.

The rooftop bar of The Hotel is also a must for mojitos. Great view.

A really fun thing to do is to check out hotel lobbies. You can walk right in as most hotel entrances are just feet away from the street and all have either front porch bars or lobby bars.

Keep in mind that men are restricted from many places in shorts after 5PM but jeans are accepted everywhere.

Nightlife doesn't get busy until around 2AM but the fabulous Sky Bar at The Shore Club (two blocks from the Holiday Inn) is busy around 10PM and way cool. Go for a drink or two. It is lit up with thousands of candles. It is inside and all around the pool area.

southbeachcasa.com has a 1 bdrm condo right on 7th or 8th & Ocean drive, right in the middle of everything. don't know your price range, but i think they want $165 per night. i read all the reviews for the casa grande suite hotel on trip advisor, and it's a great bargain, great reviews. they are privately owned, and you can rent them through the hotel for alot more, but if you go through the owner it's alot cheaper. they even have the chairs and umbrelllas available on the beach.

Archived