MSC Divina steam rooms and saunas open or closed?

U4icmusic

Hello, on the MSC website it says steam rooms and saunas are closed due to Covid on some ships, bit it doesn't mention which ones. Has anybody paid the $100 for the spa package and if so, were the saunas and steam rooms open? Thanks. I'm not sure why MSC would be offering the spa package with the steam rooms and saunas closed, because there isn't much else in the spa work paying for. Thanks for any CURRENT information.

On 4/17/2022 at 2:40 PM, U4icmusic said:

Hello, on the MSC website it says steam rooms and saunas are closed due to Covid on some ships, bit it doesn't mention which ones. Has anybody paid the $100 for the spa package and if so, were the saunas and steam rooms open? Thanks. I'm not sure why MSC would be offering the spa package with the steam rooms and saunas closed, because there isn't much else in the spa work paying for. Thanks for any CURRENT information.

Wondering also.

Cheers

I can’t speak for Divina, but the Steam & Saunas were open on Meraviglia the last week of January and they had just had multiple Covid cases 2 - 3 weeks prior. Less than 600 passengers and no one was in the spa area but me mid-afternoon on the last sea day.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JT1962 said:

I can’t speak for Divina, but the Steam & Saunas were open on Meraviglia the last week of January and they had just had multiple Covid cases 2 - 3 weeks prior. Less than 600 passengers and no one was in the spa area but me mid-afternoon on the last sea day.

8 hours ago, NMsunset said:

Hello U4-

Not super current, but was on Divina 1st week of February and the sauna  rooms were open as was gym, other areas closed. Was a ghost ship, only ~700 people.

Cheers!

Did you have to pay for the spa pass? I see a weekly and an hourly rate.

3 minutes ago, U4icmusic said:

Did you have to pay for the spa pass? I see a weekly and an hourly rate.

I Actually got one hour free since MSC matched my diamond status with Hilton Honors. One of the perks if you are diamond is one hour free in the thermal spa area. Normally I would not be one to go to the spa, but decided to take advantage of it since it was free.

21 hours ago, NMsunset said:

Hello U4-

Not super current, but was on Divina 1st week of February and the sauna  rooms were open as was gym, other areas closed. Was a ghost ship, only ~700 people.

Cheers!

Thank you. Which areas were closed?

2 hours ago, U4icmusic said:

Thank you. Which areas were closed?

The steam areas, traditional saunas were not closed. No idea why steam is seen as a friend of the virus.

But you really need information from someone who was on board in the week before you board. Beginning of February no Spa passes were sold, not weekly and not daily. Only Aurea, YC (I guess), Gold and Black 1 hour. And maybe the guests who bought long before in advance.

So many things change so fast. But the "all back to normal call" is very close in my opinion.

• Like 1

Hi U4-

Typically you need a spa week pass, aurea or yc, or use the 1 hour status perk.

I only had the latter, diamond status, but since it was a ghost ship/spa...they said I could use multiple times...

Sure things are different now...

Agree with Perak, get inform from someone off the week before your departure...very dynamic situation with imminent fluidity.

Cheers!  

• 1 month later...