Quick Refund for Cancelled Cruise

NavyVeteran

I cancelled a July 2022 British Isles cruise by telephone on April 11th (before the penalty period). I received three refunds to one credit card for prepaid vacation protection and for prepaid shore excursions (prepaid by me and by DW) and refund to another credit card for partially prepaid cruise. All four refunds posted to my credit card on April 12th - only one day after the cancellation.

I realize this was a simple cancellation before the penalty period, with no penalty, insurance, or Cruise with Confidence calculations. However, I was very pleasantly surprised by the quick refund by Princess. I have never received a cruise refund this quickly before from any cruise line.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

I cancelled a July 2022 British Isles cruise by telephone on April 11th (before the penalty period). I received three refunds to one credit card for prepaid vacation protection and for prepaid shore excursions (prepaid by me and by DW) and refund to another credit card for partially prepaid cruise. All four refunds posted to my credit card on April 12th - only one day after the cancellation.

I realize this was a simple cancellation before the penalty period, with no penalty, insurance, or Cruise with Confidence calculations. However, I was very pleasantly surprised by the quick refund by Princess. I have never received a cruise refund this quickly before from any cruise line.

I have had this happen too. back in March 2020,. Dom on here did not believe me

and I have had some refunds to credit card come quickly since.  The FCC are the the thing I have to get after them for.  All is sorted out now.

glad to hear a positive.

• Like 1

We cancelled a cruise (scheduled for next January) a few weeks ago and had the refund back to our credit card within a couple days.  I was surprised at how fast it was.  It was just a refund of our deposit so not complicated at all.

Still waiting for Princess to apply 25% credit to credit card as I file for AON refund.  Don't know what the hang up is.  Waiting on word from my travel agent.  Princess Chat was useless.  No concerns yet.  It is a very complicated booking with 3 different fares for one cabin.