Flight booked by Norwegian questions...

nikkiml

On 6/14/2022 at 1:49 PM, hallux said:

There should be no "hoping", if you're more than 75 days out you or your TA can call NCL and ask for the deviation to be added.  If you're less than 75 until sailing you can't.  Unless your cruise/ship is one of those mentioned in the T&C's linked earlier in the thread by me, the deadline is noted in those cases.

Simple things confuse me sometimes.  Comes with age.

"Deviation " meaning I can call AT 75 days prior and ask for flights a day or two in advance of the sailing date?

It says (I'm interpreting) no hotel arrangement is "required " for an air Deviation to apply. Does that mean I don't have to book a pre cruise hotel through them or do they even offer that option through them?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sadiwest said:

Simple things confuse me sometimes.  Comes with age.

"Deviation " meaning I can call AT 75 days prior and ask for flights a day or two in advance of the sailing date?

It says (I'm interpreting) no hotel arrangement is "required " for an air Deviation to apply. Does that mean I don't have to book a pre cruise hotel through them or do they even offer that option through them?

Correct. Make sure they remove any transfers they add when you use their air

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sadiwest said:

meaning I can call AT 75 days prior

I wouldn't wait until exactly 75 days, I would call before that.

1 hour ago, sadiwest said:

No need to book it through them, I didn't.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hallux said:

I wouldn't wait until exactly 75 days, I would call before that.

No need to book it through them, I didn't.

I was looking at post tour land options but those are not listed yet for 2024.  How long might it be before those are released?   At this point we know for a fact we'd like to be there 1, possibly 2 days prior.  I say 'we' but the fam actually doesn't know about it yet.

I did try to call today but dd kept showing up while I was on hold. Seeing that we have two years, I can wait till she's not home constantly.  Lol

• 2 months later...
On 6/14/2022 at 1:44 PM, MyTMo777 said:

After reading stuff on CC, I swore I would never use the free air promo. But there was no way I could get flights as cheap as they were offering with the 2-for-1 deal. We're paying $500 total for flights that would cost $2000+ EACH if I booked on my own. So I'm hoping it all works out. What makes me most nervous is flying in the day of embarkation. We NEVER do that. So I'm hoping we can get a deviation at least for that. If not, getting to LA is the cheap part so we can book our own flights.

When we booked, we already knew that we were flying the day before departure. Hopefully, we'll not have to do a "milk run" to get to Miami... can we say "milk run" for the French expression "run de lait". 

Edited by nikkiml

Beware if anything goes wrong NCL will do little to nothing to help you and the airline will point you back to NCL as they are the "TA" for the ticket.  Caused us a day of issues and hours on the phone to get to our cruise ship in time.

We will never use NCL Air again. We are leaving on a cruise from Quebec City. We are leaving 2 days before. We finally got our plane reservations and they are dumping us off in Montreal which is over 150 miles away from Quebec City. I called them to ask why and was told that the airlines they use don’t fly to Quebec City. So now we need to find transportation to Quebec City. I wish they would have told us that when we booked. We would have made our own plans. 

5 minutes ago, Rylee123 said:

We finally got our plane reservations and they are dumping us off in Montreal which is over 150 miles away from Quebec City

To be fair - the T&C's DO say they can book to/from alternate airports, though that does indicate a 60 mile radius for the variance.  The airport in Quebec City isn't exactly a hub/major airport, flights to get there are going to be limited and 3,000 people are trying to get there for a cruise.  There is both train and bus service between Montreal and Quebec City, my parents went in the other direction and took the train to Montreal from Quebec City then on down to home (we're only 3.5 hours away from Montreal by car and have a couple Amtrak stations nearby).

16 hours ago, hallux said:

To be fair - the T&C's DO say they can book to/from alternate airports, though that does indicate a 60 mile radius for the variance.  The airport in Quebec City isn't exactly a hub/major airport, flights to get there are going to be limited and 3,000 people are trying to get there for a cruise.  There is both train and bus service between Montreal and Quebec City, my parents went in the other direction and took the train to Montreal from Quebec City then on down to home (we're only 3.5 hours away from Montreal by car and have a couple Amtrak stations nearby).

It seems to me that the least NCL should do was to offer to arrange from a transfer for the people from Montreal to Quebec.  I thought that's why they were doing for the people sailing out of Trieste, Italy.

14 hours ago, Crazy planning mom said:

It seems to me that the least NCL should do was to offer to arrange from a transfer for the people from Montreal to Quebec.  I thought that's why they were doing for the people sailing out of Trieste, Italy.

It is a silly move by NCL.  Quebec City may not be a major international airport but it still has regular air service to major Canadian airports through the day.  Even has regular service to Paris France.

If the timing works, VIA Rail is the national railway in Canada.  They run trains from Dorval Station to Quebec City (Gare du Palais).   On the VIA rail website if you book "Montreal Airport" to "Quebec City - Gare du Palais" that would include the 5 minute shuttle bus from the airport terminal to the train station.  

Edited by em-sk
  • Like 1

On 8/17/2022 at 9:17 AM, nikkiml said:

When we booked, we already knew that we were flying the day before departure. Hopefully, we'll not have to do a "milk run" to get to Miami... can we say "milk run" for the French expression "run de lait". 

Yes, that's completely appropriate! 

• Like 1