Maple Syrup in Victoria

The lady going with me on a cruise to Alaska wants to buy some maple syrup in Victoria to bring back as gifts.  We only have 4 hours in port with a 3 hour tour to the Butchart Garden already.  Is there a place near port you would recommend to get this?  Thanks.

With your short time line I wouldn't be surprised if Butchart Gardens has Maple syrup at a premium price in their gift shop. Many shops downtown will have it. As @Heidi13 said there is a Thrifty foods about 2 km from the ship (good catch Andy I forgot about the James Bay location) and they will have it at a non "tourist" price. 

10 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

With your short time line I wouldn't be surprised if Butchart Gardens has Maple syrup at a premium price in their gift shop. Many shops downtown will have it. As @Heidi13 said there is a Thrifty foods about 2 km from the ship (good catch Andy I forgot about the James Bay location) and they will have it at a non "tourist" price. 

the stuff at Thrifty's probably won't be in the fancy maple leaf shaped bottles that the tourist shops carry.

10 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

When I drydocked in Victoria, I stayed at our timeshare next to the Coast, so it was an easy walk up to Thriftys. The other option I thought of was the Save-on-Foods at Gateway Village, since they most likely drive past, but I figured if they were on a tour, they couldn't stop.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Woody14 said:

the stuff at Thrifty's probably won't be in the fancy maple leaf shaped bottles that the tourist shops carry.

Actually I think they do have those bottles but of course those are more expensive. If it's the syrup you want get the 1 litre plastic jug. If you want the pretty bottles that will cost more.

On 4/25/2022 at 8:29 AM, Blackduck59 said:

Actually I think they do have those bottles but of course those are more expensive. If it's the syrup you want get the 1 litre plastic jug. If you want the pretty bottles that will cost more.

I would have a look at the Market on Yates.  They tend to have more specialty products.  

Their online store pulls stock from the Langford store that has a larger selection.  That should give you a fell for what they would have:

https://express.themarketstores.com/results/?page=1&q=maple+syrup&type=

@em-skI think you quoted the wrong guy. I live in Victoria so finding maple syrup is no problem, I usually buy it at Costco. I was just following up on @Heidi13suggestion of Thrifty Foods in James Bay which is probably the closest grocery store to the cruise terminal that would stock maple syrup. The question was whether they would have the stylish maple leaf shaped glass bottles.

• Like 1